Withdrawing funds from Paypal balance to UK bank account

boyoverboard
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I've been an occasional seller on eBay for years and have always used Paypal. I've never had an issue before withdrawing sums of money from my Paypal account to my bank account, however I received a payment from a buyer (over £400, if perhaps it's an issue regarding the amount) yesterday morning at around 1am and withdrew it to my bank account around two hours later. As of today, at almost 7pm, the funds have not cleared and the transaction status is still showing as 'pending' in my Paypal account.

Should I be concerned that the funds have not cleared and it has been almost 40 hours? As usual, when I made the withdrawal request (in the Paypal app) the message that popped up said it would take up to 2 hours to clear in my account. However, the email I received said up to 72 hours. I believe this was the same automated email that they always send whenever I've made a withdrawal request. I don't think I've ever experienced waiting more than two hours, however. It usually appears in my account almost instantly.

Really I just want to know that the money will eventually appear. I posted the item to the eBay buyer today because I know it's not a problem on their end - the money they sent cleared in my Paypal account, and I was able to request the transfer to my bank account. I'm just a little concerned about how long it's taking, and wondering if anyone else has experienced this!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you got an email to say it was going to be 72 hours then its a random security check.

The funds should be released to you dead on the 72 hour timeline.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you got an email to say it was going to be 72 hours then its a random security check.

The funds should be released to you dead on the 72 hour timeline.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

boyoverboard
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! 😊
Login to Me Too

Jackie8928
How long do you have to actually wait for them to send your own money to your bank account??
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jackie8928

2-72 hours in the UK.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.