Withdrawing USD to a USD bank account in the UK

Adamantan
New Community Member
Hi everyone, I am new to PayPal and wondering how I can withdraw the USD balance in my PayPal account to my USD bank account in the UK? I have added the bank details but when I try to withdraw the USD balance to my USD account PayPal displays the exchange rate, as if the USD balance will be exchanged to GBP!!? Cheers
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Adamantan,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I'm afraid that it is not possible to withdrawal in USD to a UK bank account. Our agreement with UK banks is that all withdrawals will be in the local currency.  If you have an account based in the US we can assist you in adding that and the withdrawal could then be processed in USD.

I hope this is useful.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

scrapyard
New Community Member

I just spoke to the customer service people and asked the question "can I transfer USD from Paypal in uk into my USD account in a British bank " by just using my uk bank sort code and account number. The answer was catergorically yes. I spoke to my bank and they would accept the payment ---- so can I ?

Login to Me Too

ahardy123
Contributor
Contributor

I also had this answer from customer services. It was the only reason we went ahead with the paypal account.

Did you ever manage to withdraw your funds as we are having trouble? 

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.