Withdrawal to UK Bank Account Pending

temp201809262x
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I received a few thousand pounds from a friend on Thursday day time, nothing dodgy just money for moving house and paying off rent arrears, and his payment to my PayPal was instant. However, I withdrew it to my UK bank account immediately, expecting it to be in my account within the day as I've never had an issue before. it's been 48 hours now and it still comes up as a "pending" transaction. I could really do with the money now to be honest, or at least know when it's going to be available to me so I can inform my current and future landlords of when to expect payment from me!

Can somebody please tell me; does pending mean they're waiting for the bank to accept it, or does it mean PayPal are holding onto it for security reasons?

Is it likely to cause issues because it's a larger than usual amount of money? I've contacted PayPal but am awaiting a response. Has anybody had a similar experience, withdrawing a larger sum of money and receiving it in the final 24 hours of the 72 hour withdrawal period? 

It's pretty crucial that I receive it soon, so I'm hoping it comes in tomorrow (within the 72 hour period) and just took a little longer than expected.

Also just noticed a 3-4 working days message on the app, meaning if it doesn't come in tomorrow, I'll have to wait until Monday... Help!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp201809262x

Ignore the 3-4 day message as paypal have confirmed thats a U.S glitch showing on the U.K site.

If you had the email to say that you had a random security hold of 72 hours then normally its released ''dead on'' that 72 hour dead line.

You often get the hold if the amount is a large amount Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

temp201809262x
Contributor
Contributor

It's actually on the app that it's saying that, is that the same thing? Sorry, not great with technology.

I haven't actually received any kind of contact from them, so surely if there was a problem they'd have been in touch. I hope I get it by tomorrow afternoon then!

Thanks for the quick response

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp201809262x

In the UK withdrawals can be pending from 2-24 hours UNLESS you get the email that says it will be 72 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

temp201809262x
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, that's odd. I'll check my spam folder then. 

is the absolute max 72 hours? Is there any chance that they'll keep it from me past then?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp201809262x

That is what paypal state as the max, as long as your bank account has been added correctly and you have confirmed it with the 4 digit code before withdrawing your funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

temp201809262x
Contributor
Contributor

I've withdrawn to the same bank account multiple times before, just never had to wait before, so it should be in tomorrow, excellent.

Thank you very much for your help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.