Withdrawal times

RowBot
Contributor
Contributor

It's been a while since I've been on these forums. Since my last posts in January Paypal seemed to get their act together with my account, they've ve withdrawing my money in two days, not the usual 4-7 days. Unfortuantley this week I've been a victim of the dreaded 72 hold again though, just when it was all going so well! As before I wasn't informed of this hold.

Anyway, after looking through this forum it seems as though Paypal hvae changed their policy on withdrawal times, some people appear to be getting their withdrawals in hours, not days - is this right? When I make a  withdrawal I still get the same email saying it will be 2-3 days so I'm confused.

RowBot

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It is very random and very confusing.

I think that paypal is introducing the 2 hour withdrawal time that they have in the U.S

They did say at one point (but can't find the moderators post) that it would be introduced over here.

Some folks are getting the 2 hours. some are still getting 2-3 days and some are having loads of security reviews for whatever reason.

Seems a bit of a muddle at the moment BUT the £5 faster option seems to have disappeared so I think the 2 hour withdrawal hopefully will be around for everyone soon.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RowBot
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting. I did a withdrawal on the 10th (monday) and got en email saying it would be 2-3 days. I did another withdrawal yesterday & was told it'd be 24 hours.

What the **bleep** are these cowboys playing at? How can a financial company make such a mess of things and get away with it? The amount of people on these forums just trying to get answers is staggering. It's hard to think of how it could be any worse

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yep the withdrawal issue does seem a tad bonkers at the moment.

I am leaving my cash in there for now until it seems to be sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Andibid1
Contributor
Contributor

Not fixed

£80 24 hrs

1p 72 hrs

1p 72 hrs

see my topic on the withdraw funds experiment

seriously why do paypal breach their own t&c's

Random review my arse

Ever read the email that comes through, may take up to24/72/365/999 (choose a number) of hours but MAY TAKE LONGER IF SUBJECT TO REVIEW.......

Why not the faster payment service like you say you going to use in Section 3 of your terms eh????????

And yes the £5 faster option was taken off as they have gone to the faster payment service as standard ( HA HA LOL LOL OH my insides are splitting)

Login to Me Too

discoman1234
New Community Member

Just an update for anyones future reference, i made a standard withdrawal today and i was shocked to see that within 10 seconds of making the withdrawal it has shown in my back account via my online banking. this is a massive improvement on the old 4-7 day waiting period, well done paypal. 

Login to Me Too

Andibid1
Contributor
Contributor

Really, I tried 1 on sat 24 hrs

1 yesterday 72 hrs

2 today 72 hrs.

hmmmmm

all confirmed and verified....

Login to Me Too

Clixium
New Community Member

Ok guys this is really annoying.  I phone PayPal 2 weeks ago to check if there were ANY restriction on my account and they had said NO.

I had completed all of the verification steps required and lifted ALL of my limits.

Ive sent out just over 300 Invoices to customers (University Graduation Clothing) and they are being paid in dribs and drabs over the last week and a half. Tonight (15/01/2015) just over half have been paid in full successfully so far.

Started to withdraw money to bank account on file, started off with 2 hours - Straight into bank account, then went to 24 hours, then back to 2 hours, and then right up to 72 hours.

I informed them that there would be a large volume of money going through the account upto £10,000.00.

Why do they keep doing this?

Ive informed them, and yet they have still imposed this hold (Pending) whilst withdrawing.

They should keep it to 2 hours.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

From Paypals Pages.

When a withdrawal is being initiated through the PayPal system, our security system sometimes temporarily holds the withdrawal for further review. This timeframe can range from 24-72 hours.

If you have been advised that the withdrawal will be held for 24 hours, you should expect the withdrawal to show a status of completed once the 24 hour timeframe passes.

What I have worked out is this. When someone pays you it is of course not instant > paypal CREDIT you the funds and then they take the wait for the funds to transfer from the buyers funding source.

SO that transfer can take a few days so if you withdraw those funds AT ONCE then paypal often put you on a 72 hour hold for security until the buyers payment plays catch up.

I gave up withdrawing at once, I withdraw funds every couple of weeks and then I don't get the hold. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Theitgeni
New Community Member
I was always told that PayPal were good, but now I'm trying to get £100 from my PayPal account into my bank and its going to take 72 Hours!!!! No PayPal you utterly stupid fools an bank to bank transfer takes seconds or minutes what's your issue?? Trust my username I know technology well it's nothing to do with the technology, STOP STEALING. Rant half over
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.