Withdrawal time differences between banks?

laura890

I'm just wondering why when my mam withdraws money from her paypal balance to her halifax account it is completed almost instantly, but when I withdraw to my barclays account it takes a long time, sometimes a couple of working days. Is it simply to do with the banks? My paypal account has been open for over a year so it's not that I'm a new member. It's really annoying when I need the money to post items promptly but have to keep people waiting until it's cleared.
Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi laura890,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

It is normal for a withdrawal to be subjected to a security review from time to time. This would cause it to pend on your account for up to 72 hours and you will find more information on the process here https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-withdrawal-on-hold-faq2990/1?channel=FAQ .

This shouldn't be happening with every withdrawal though. Most should go through within 2 hours. If you are finding the delays are happening frequently make sure that you are withdrawing from a secure location and that you are using private WIFI rather mobile data of a public internet connection.

If your withdrawal is marked as complete on your account but it is taking a few days to get to you I would recommend speaking to your bank. Once it is marked as complete you should have the money very quickly.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.