Withdrawal reversed.

yuun
Contributor
Contributor

I am really **bleep** off right now. This is the second time. Whenever I attempt to withdraw my money to my bank account I often get this:

Status:   Reversed   The withdrawal to your bank account could not be completed because of a technical problem. The money has been returned to your PayPal account.

What "technical problem" could it be? I'm giving away 3 MYR everytime I attempt on withdrawing my money. They just return the money to my account and took the fee regardless if it's working or not, regardless if it IS by their "technical problem" which is NOT my problem. Getting refund? I don't dream that far, I just want things to work out FINE. I have linked my bank account months ago. The reason why I wish to withdraw my paypal balance to my bank account is simply because I CANNOT spend the balance if it's on paypal. Everytime I attempt to buy something through paypal, the transaction will get declined for whatever reason god knows. Using paypal has been fine when I use money from my bank account through paypal. Just how do I spend my paypal balance?

Contacting paypal through email is useless, they've never bothered to reply to me with an actual response. Just a robot copy paste. Really? I'm really moving out of here once I find away to get my stucked money out of here. Sorry for being rude with my words, but I'm kinda losing my money for NOTHING here. Please help me dissolve the problems stated above.

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yuun

If you are in the UK then as per my post above you can't withdraw to a card in the UK !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DarelBanua
Contributor
Contributor

hi miss grace did your problem was resolved?

Login to Me Too

DarelBanua
Contributor
Contributor

hello there..we've been also experiencing the same problem with paypal. may i ask how you gonna deal with it..we have already been contacting paypal via facebook and emails but no responses yet..we are afraid to send the money again to a bank account because the paypal already deducted us twice with that technical problems..the money is stucked for three weeks and we badly need that money for us to survive..please help us.. our bank acct si EON and we are using a personal laptop.:(

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi DarelBanua,

Thank you for posting.

I’m very sorry to hear about the experience you had 😞

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. I hope the issue has been already resolved. However if not, please make sure to contact our Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to review your account.

Hope your future experience will be up to the standard you expect. Thank you for your patience with us.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Putera
Its 2017 and I have the same problem. But it didn't tell me about technical problem. Paypal just reversed my withdrawal without giving notification and transfer back to my PayPal account. I was shocked about the fee though. Its like 4 USD or 15 MYR. I'm speechless with this experience with PayPal
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Putera,

Welcome to the community forum.

When a withdrawal is reversed after it has been completed it is because we have received information that the transaction couldn't be completed due to incorrect bank account information. Most failed bank transactions are a direct result of your bank account information being entered into your PayPal account differently than how it appears with your banking institution or the name on your account not being a match.

In order to prevent future reversed transactions, please remove your bank account and re-add it using the correct information. You may want to verify that you are adding correct information for your bank account by contacting your bank's customer service. Note: To make a successful withdrawal, your bank account must be denominated in the national currency of your home country.

To remove the incorrect bank information, follow these steps:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. Click Wallet at the top of the page.
  3. Under ‘Bank accounts’, click the bank you'd like to remove.
  4. Click Remove Bank.

Once your bank account is removed, you may add your correct bank account information by going back to your Wallet and clicking Link a bank account.

Please note also if you have a business account your bank will be added in the business name.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

yuun
Contributor
Contributor

I'm surprised to find out people are still replying to this thread. I think it's only fair for me to clarify that I've solved this problem because I should not have discredited Paypal the way I did in my original post. I hope this will help everyone else that is having the same problem. It appears that I've made a small, idiotic mistake - I accidentally put my card number and not the bank number. It was never a technical issue it was mainly my (stupid) mistake. Like Rachael said, above anything else, make sure your bank account number is correct.

Thank you to everyone involved answering all the questions.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yuun

They are not replying to you, they are others experiencing similar problems and asking for answers on here.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

yuun
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

I know they're not seeking for my answer but they are in fact replying to my thread because they've been having the same problem I had and I still get email notification for this which surprised me given how old this thread is. So I googled "paypal withdrawal reversed" and my thread came out as the first result. Given the traffic this thread is getting I thought I'd let them know how I solved it incase they might have done the same mistake as I did. I want them to know it might not be a technical issue for them as well. 

Login to Me Too

Calysta0809
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I'm sure you are from the Philippines and I hope you notice this reply. I've been having the same issues as everyone else here, I've linked a Unionbank getgo debit card, and I was able to verify my account, so it seems like I placed all the right digits on the right areas. What I'm trying to ask is, aside from changing your card number to your bank account number, what else did you do to solve this problem? Did you also exchanged the currency to peso? I'm receiving CAD (canadian dollars) and I withdraw my funds with CAD currency but my withdrawal got reversed. I just recently discovered exchanging currency to withdraw money (I'm still waiting to see if it works this time, 5-7 biz days of waiting as you know), also my friends using Paypal said they can withdraw their money to their cards with a different currency, say USD, and it automatically exchanges to their card in Philippine peso, they are using Unionbank EON. I'm just confused and I don't know what to do or where to go from here. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.