Withdrawal rejected: does not make any sense!

SR2011
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

It seems lots of people here are having problems with withdrawals!

I withdrew a small amount of money from my PayPal account on 6 October to the same bank account I have been using for years with PayPal (no problems before). The transaction showed up as completed, but on the 12th I received the following message from PayPal:

"Hello xxxxxxxxxxxxx

An electronic funds transfer from your PayPal account to your bank account was rejected today for this reason:

Invalid Bank Account Information

Our system was not able to process the transaction with the bank information listed on your account. You should contact your bank regarding the bank account information required for electronic funds transfers. If you still need assistance, you may email us through our secure server at https:///wf/f=act_verifyba

Thanks for using PayPal, the world's #1 online payment service!
Thanks,

PayPal"

Now, the bank information listed on my PayPal account has not changed. It's worked fine for years. I've verified the account ages ago and I've been withdrawing money weekly to the same account. Actually I made a withdrawal on 4 October and it went through. So 4th October: withdrawal & bank info ok. 6th October: not ok. I didn't change my bank details and my bank does not understand why there should be a problem.

I made another withdrawal on 10 October and it also shows up as "completed" but the money's not on my bank account yet (my account's in Finland, it normally takes up to 4 working days so it should be there today). Since it's not showing, I'm afraid the money will be returned again to my PayPal account and I'll be charged for it even though the mistake is not mine.

I have now changed my bank information to try with another bank account...but I don't really understand how this can happen, and I need the money!

Edited 14 October: And the 2nd withdrawal I made on 10 October is still not on my bank account. But it also is not on my PayPal account (transaction is still showing as completed). It's like it's disappeared into thin air!

However... I was refunded the €3.00 that was charged for the first returned withdrawal! I contacted Europeanservices (at)  paypal (dot) com... and someone refunded the fee. This was very helpful, unlike the replies I've had after using the "Contact Us" service which I've found, sorry to say, absolutely useless.

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

fastlenny
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same problem with my Nordea account here in Finland.

Made a few withdraws from pay pal on 9th October and got "ACH Withdrawal Denied" emails today.

Everything has worked great before this and my bank account information has not changed either. 

Maybe some one in the know could help us?

Login to Me Too

SR2011
Contributor
Contributor

My bank is Osuuspankki. So it's not about just one bank.

Actually, the 2nd transfer I made (on the 10th) was returned as well just now.

Login to Me Too

fastlenny
Contributor
Contributor

Very strange indeed...

Checked my paypal account and the reason why the money was reversed seems to be

"The withdrawal to your bank account could not be completed because of a technical problem. The money has been returned to your PayPal account."

So hopefully this is only temporary then...

The third withdrawal I made on the 9th is still showing "Completed" and have not yet bounced back.

I

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there,

I think it is down to a technical fault and hopefully it is only a temporary thing. If not then please let me know as I can keep our engineers informed.

Wayne

Login to Me Too

jannek
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Wayne,

I've the same issues. Withdrawed two transactions on Oct 11th and 12th, and just now - a week later, got the emails from PayPal. I'm using Nordea in Finland. Have used PayPal for years now and this is the first time...

An electronic funds transfer from your PayPal account to your bank account was rejected today for this reason:

Invalid Bank Account Information

The details on my profile says:

Reversed

The withdrawal to your bank account could not be completed because of a technical problem. The money has been returned to your PayPal account.

More information about the subject would be nice, estimate when the problem is fixed?

Thanks,

J

Login to Me Too

janih
New Community Member

I have the same problem (Nordea/Finland). I've been using paypal for almost ten years and this is the first time the transaction failed. 8th of October withdrawal worked fine but the latest I made on 12th did not. Today I receive email that ACH WITHDRAWAL DENIED.

And no I haven't changed anything on my account. When I can try again? If I do I lose another 3 euros for some "technical problem". 

JH 

Login to Me Too

SR2011
Contributor
Contributor

I made a withdrawal on Monday 17 October, it went through and was on my bank account today. (Osuuspankki)

So maybe it's safe for you guys to try again.

I used exactly the same bank account information as in the failed one!!

But thanks Wayne for letting us know it was a technical problem, the emails I got from PayPal kept saying I've made a mistake with the bank info... which I hadn't.

Login to Me Too

elainezafe

Hi,

I withdraw to my bank account but it was tagged reversed due to technical problems. What does this means and why am I charged of 250PHP?

Thanks,

Elaine

Login to Me Too

Obrince
Contributor
Contributor

hi wayne.

Paypal's been using lot's of people's money all around the world for many many many years. are you saying there has been no budget to prevent "technical system down"?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.