Withdraw request under review

angel58

Am so fed up with Paypal, this is the third time in 3 weeks that they have held up my withdrawal of funds.  No reason given, no apologies.  I understand the fraud prevention reasoning, but the account name & number hasn't changed so why do they need to keep doing this.  The last two occasions it took 5 days for the money to go into my account. Am going on holiday shortly and want the money for my spending.....................this is my money !!  Maybe I'll ask my e-bay customers to pay by cheque then at least I know I will get MY money.

Login to Me Too
79 REPLIES 79

beth2811
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot help you, but wanted to add that last night I tried to transfer around £70 from Paypal account to my bank account and was told promptly that transfer is pending due to a 'security review'. What the heck is going on ?  I have promised two customers that I will post their items out. One item was going to be posted tonight and the other tomorrow.  Both of them paid within 10 mins of the auctions ending.  I've used the same Paypal a/c since I joined Ebay and the same bank a/c, which is fully verified, for the last 3 or 4 years.  The message about the security review said I shouldn't post out. It's unfair to me and my customers.  Can you imagine emailing your customer to say that the money they paid you is under security review?  It would no doubt make the customer feel insulted and makes the seller sound dodgy.  Thanks Paypal  !!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

I understand that it must be very frustrating when your withdrawals are being placed on hold. I am unable to see your PayPal accounts so I can't be sure why your withdrawals are being placed on hold. 

Do you know if you are initiating your withdrawals from a mobile device or a computer? If you are using a mobile device, could you please try using a computer in order to see if this helps with your withdrawals being processed faster.

Please let me know if this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

pacerpete
Contributor
Contributor

So what is the problem David ?  I have been an Ebay user and  used paypal for years.  I have sold two items on Ebay over the last couple of days and on both occasions have attempted to transfer the balance into my bank account to be told the withdrawl is being 'reviewed'.

In my quest to find some answers I found this place and it looks like this is not an isolated incident.........

I used the same computer i always do, the amounts were relatively small and all my details are current and correct.

What do I do regards sending  the ' sold' items to the buyers ?

I have just sold something else online that I would normally have accepted paypal for and I have had to insist the buyer does a bank transfer. 

This very poor service is going to cost Paypal a lot of money as others get news of the roulette type experience that is paypal !

Login to Me Too

StrangeNotion
Contributor
Contributor

Hi David,

I did wonder if using my iphone was the issue so why have a Paypal App??

Login to Me Too

baconsdozen
Contributor
Contributor

What happens to the interest Paypal is earning by hanging on to other peoples money?. Is that the real reason for so called security checks?.

Login to Me Too

Dianemc
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder.  I have just had it happen again!! Despite the fact they did it last time too.  It's only 120 quid, but I would have liked to have my money today.  It is mine after all, they charge a fee so they're making out of all our transactions.  If it genuinely was security checks, fine, but surely after about fifty of them, they have established that I am still the same, normal person who has been using PayPal for years.

Asked the Louise bot, obviously got nothing resembling an answer there

Login to Me Too

Dianemc
Contributor
Contributor

I doubt it, I am using my laptop, as always.

Login to Me Too

Dianemc
Contributor
Contributor

No.  Not really David.  I am using a laptop, same as always.  My account is the same as always.  I am being paid by the same people as always, yet I get this every 2nd time I attempt to transfer funds to my bank account.  I understand that security checks have to be made, but of all of us, fifty times?  Or more?  I just think it seems excessive and would like to  just have a week where my money was in my bank account within 2 hours each time.

Login to Me Too

crocadoc

Hi guys I'm new I've been getting p###ed off with paypal I've also tried to withdraw money from my paypal to my bank and was told it would take upto 4 hours to go to my bank account then i got an Email saying it would take 72hours before it would go into my bank.ITS so DAFT  it takes seconds to pay in but days to get YOUR "OWN" MONEY BACK OUT. They need to be safe but when you"ve had your first security check that should be they should allow you to take out as quick as you pay in.I ALWAYS use a PC so it doesn't matter if you use a mobile or PC it still takes as long

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.