Why is my transfer is pending security review?

HogieHogie
Contributor
Contributor
I went to transfer funds from paypal to my card expecting to have funds transferred "instantly" and got a msg saying it was being held pending "security review" up to 24hours. I looked online and people say its usually done within 30mins. Its going on 12hrs now. Why the wait? I've used paypal for years but only used the app for less than a year. What is there to review?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HogieHogie

No idea, only paypal would know why and what they are reviewing it for.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HogieHogie
Contributor
Contributor
Unacceptable. I read online people who get this message generally receive an email with 30min-2hrs stating the transfer has been complete. I'm at 20hours and have heard nothing and have no way of contacting PayPal... I was reluctant to use PayPal this time as it is, being that the last time I used the service it took 10 days to verify my bank account and transfer the funds. This time I transferred to my bank card as I noticed my bank account was not attached anymore for whatever reason (I also initiated the process of re-attaching the account.. Same account, to PayPal and have yet to receive the "2 small deposits from PayPal" more than 24hrs later). I should have used VenMo and unless I'm given a legitimate and reasonable explanation as to why this "security hold" is being done, will use VenMo exclusively in the future, and will voice my displeasure with my friends, family, and 200+ clients. This is money I was counting on to pay bills and will likely include overdraft fees at my bank because of it. Paypal has had an incredibly poor reputation for "customer service" and shady practices since the early 2000's & I'm not surprised to see nothing has changed. They're quick to take your money and their fees, but couldn't care less about giving it back to you. Seems nothing short of contacting a state senator and a 6minute story on TV News will get their attention.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.