Why am I being charged to receive money from family....

crunchycookies
Contributor
Contributor

My daughter has sent me money 3 times in the past few months, once I wasnt charged a fee and could withdraw the full amount but the last 2 times Ive had to pay a fee, was just wondering if someone could explain why?

She paid it into my paypal account from her paypal account, shes not in another country, she's about 2 mile away!  (Using paypal for convenience with work etc)

The first amount that I wasnt charged a fee for was £200, the other 2 have been less than £100, but Im getting cheesed off that Im not getting back what Ive lent her!!

Im quite sure there's an explanation for it but Ive looked at the help pages and they didnt help!

Thankyou in advance    🙂

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@crunchycookies

Family / friends payments are free ONLY IF the sender funds their payment via instant bank transfer OR funds already in their paypal account balance.

If they fund it with any type of CARD then there is a fee to pay.

The sender of the payment can select to pay that fee OR pass it on to the receiver of the payment to pay.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@crunchycookies

Family / friends payments are free ONLY IF the sender funds their payment via instant bank transfer OR funds already in their paypal account balance.

If they fund it with any type of CARD then there is a fee to pay.

The sender of the payment can select to pay that fee OR pass it on to the receiver of the payment to pay.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

crunchycookies
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, yes, she'll be using her card.

Thankyou so much for clearing that up for me, I couldnt find the answer in the help bit.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.