What the heck is going on?

michelle77
Contributor
Contributor

Withdrew money to bank yesterday at 8am an was advised it would take 72 hours.. fair enough

Then TODAY i just got this

hank you for contacting PayPal. 

I understand the urgency of this matter to you. Allow me to help you get to the bottom of this issue.

Upon reviewing your account, it shows that you initiated the withdrawal of £140.00 GBP on 10 May 2013. Withdrawals to your bank account usually take 2 to 3 working days to complete. However, it may occasionally take longer. We may hold a withdrawal if there may be a higher-than-normal level of risk associated with the transaction.

Based on our record, your withdrawal was held by our internal security system. For fraud prevention reasons, I cannot see what aspect of this withdrawal has caused our internal security system to intervene but I can assure you that this is not a reflection of you or your account activities.

In this light, we already process your withdrawal as normal and you will receive the funds in your bank account on  17 May the earliest and no later than 21 May 2013.

We understand the inconvenience this may have caused you. I hope you can understand that our reason for taking this action is not to cause you undue difficulty, we are doing this to protect the security of your account and of the PayPal community.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Yours sincerely,

WHY now do i have to wait until 17th of may at the earliest?

I have not sold on ebay or similar, this is a gift payment from another paypal account?

This is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there michelle77,

Despite what was said in the email, I would have thought the money is now in your account, is it? Smiley Happy

Wayne

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.