WITHDRAWL

BOOGIEWOO
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

I withdrew some cash from paypal to my bank normally goes in right away but its been 10 hours since I did it, and nothing but I have a transaction id from this end but nothing in the bank. Ive contacted the bank and they cant see anything. Any ideas tysm ?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BOOGIEWOO

Withdrawals are 2-72 hours in the UK  Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BOOGIEWOO
Contributor
Contributor
Hey hun Cornwall my fav place!! Anyway it's unusal for it to intake so long on my account and the email was different to the other emails I get when withdrawing I have had a lot of activity in the account could it be that. I have customers waiting for products but can't send out until the funds are released
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BOOGIEWOO

Not sure what you mean about the emails being different but as we have just had bank holidays then withdrawals can be slowed down a bit.

I normally get it instantly but my last one took a bit longer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BOOGIEWOO
Contributor
Contributor
Well normally it says 2 hours but this one say 1-2 days
Login to Me Too

Magie-Financiè
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlasswrote:

@BOOGIEWOO

Not sure what you mean about the emails being different but as we have just had bank holidays then withdrawals can be slowed down a bit.

I normally get it instantly but my last one took a bit longer.

Their withdrawal mechanism utilizes Faster Payments - these are processed on a bank holiday. Even if a withdrawal is held for 72 hours, it releases on a computerized timer and the payment is still immediately issued with the FP service. There is zero human intervention in this process, in 9 / 10 cases.

Most companies like to use the bank holiday to their advantage, despite most of the processes being purely computerized. I would not accept this as a reason for slower withdrawals, I would blame their recent system upgrade which has replaced the old interface - if anyone has noticed this on the site.

I have also noticed that pending withdrawals now show as Completed prematurely, as funds are missing from the bank, over the 2 hour transfer threshold. This new system also fails to inform the user on-screen that their transaction is being security reviewed for 72 hours and the new email alert is now more vague than before. Instead of stating 72 hours in the email like before, the new estimation is 5 days ahead - this is taking the biscuit.

We all know that the User Agreement is on their side, as intended, but it does not make it the right approach. I understand that PayPal must reduce their liability to fraud but there is a line between security and hindering the effectiveness of their own service features.

Login to Me Too

Rik71
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal have been changing their website which seems to have created this problem. If you withdraw the money using the PayPal phone app rather than logging in through your browser, the money goes straight through to your bank account as normal. Otherwise it seems to take 2-3 days. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.