Using a credit card in dollars, will there still be an exchange rate when withdrawing ?

NinoSkopac
Contributor
Contributor

I am a resident of Croatia, and I'm using a credit card that uses Kuna as the currency (our national currency). But I'm so fed up with the PayPal's exchange rates, that I can't stand it anymore - both Google and our national bank report the conversion rate of Dollar : Kuna => 1:  7.15, but PayPal uses 1 : 6.95. I'm trying to withdraw $2500, and that would mean that I would lose $70 in the process.

My question is - if I creaate a new credit card that uses dollars instead of my national currency, will there still be an exchange rate when withdrawing?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Anna

Hi NinoSkopac,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble.

If you will be able to link a local card run in e.g. USD currency, please ensure to contact Customer Support via phone or Social Media to make sure it's added in a correct currency and you will be able to withdraw money in the currency of the card.

Hope it helps.

Anna

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

NinoSkopac
Contributor
Contributor
Solved

PayPal_Anna

Hi NinoSkopac,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble.

If you will be able to link a local card run in e.g. USD currency, please ensure to contact Customer Support via phone or Social Media to make sure it's added in a correct currency and you will be able to withdraw money in the currency of the card.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

NinoSkopac
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the answer, but I've contacted your phone helpdesk the same day I posted this question, in other words, 9 days ago.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi Nino,

I'm sorry for the delay in response but I'm glad the issue has been already resolved.

The contact us via social media or phone in order to receive fast answer.

Thank you for understanding.

Have a good day.

Anna

Login to Me Too

NinoSkopac
Contributor
Contributor

You too Anna.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.