Unreasonable delay in crediting credit card.

laudiw
Contributor
Contributor

On 14 January 2011, a substantial sum of money in my PayPal account was, according to my PayPal transaction details, credited to my link credit card account in 4 separate transactions, this being in respect of 4 refunds that I received into my PayPal account from a merchant who was originally paid using the linked credit card. The status of the transactions is shown as completed. 

However, as at 1 March 20011 the credit card company has confirmed that the monies have not been received and PayPal admit that they are at fault. Apparently they have experienced technical issues in respect of a very small number of transaction and will let me know when these problems are resolved! I consider that this continuing delay is unacceptable and have repeatedly asked PayPal to find some other means (e.g. expedited payment to bank account/send a cheque) of paying me. They are now not replying to my e-mails. I have mentioned possible legal action/report to the FSA etc, still no response. They have has my money for nearly seven weeks and don't seem at all concerned by the problems that they are causing me. 

Is this the way PayPal treat their customers?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_david

Hi there Laudiw,

From what you can see on your PayPal account, you can see that the funds have 'Completed' to your credit/debit card. This means that the funds have left the PayPal system so we can not determine if there is a delay on your banks side with them processing the payment. All we can tell you is that it has completed from our system.

We can however initiate a trace on the transaction if you wish. We need to wait for 30 calender days to pass from when the payment left our system and we can initiate a trace on it for you.

You would also need to provide us with a copy of your card statement showing that the funds have not been credited back to your card. When we can see that the funds have not been credited, we can then initiate a trace on the payment and liaise with your bank in order to credit the amount back to you.

You can fax the information to us on 08707 303 190. Please include a fax cover sheet including your name, email address, contact telephone number and a description advising that your refund has not yet completed. When this has been received, we can then look in to it further for you.

When you receive an email saying that your fax has been received, you should give us a quick call just to make sure that it has been passed on to the relevant people so that they can investigate the issue.

David.

Login to Me Too

laudiw
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for this information. In fact the missing refund monies were finally credited to my Mastercard account on 2 March 2011, 46 days after PayPal allege that the transaction was "completed"! I have received no believable or satisfactory explanation for this delay, other than PayPal admitting that the fault was theirs (technical issues!), nor have I received any offer of compensation.

In future when transacting on the internet, if I have a choice of payment methods, then I will not choose PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.