Trying to issue a refund

beckya
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm trying to issue a refund to someone... My PayPal balance is zero and therefore I'm trying to add funds to my PayPal from my bank account; which is verified. I regularly transfer funds from my PayPal to my bank account and when I go on Profile>Money then I can see the 'Primary Verified' status; so I know it's definitely verified. However upon trying to issue the refund there's an error message telling me to add an account so I re-enter my bank details and another error message comes up saying I've already registered this account. What's going on?! Please help if you can, I've wasted a lot of time and getting incredibly frustrated!

Thank you

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Are you trying to issue the refund before uploading funds to your paypal account?

Sorry but did not quite understand your post.

You can't actually refund until you have transfered the funds from your bank account to your paypal account.

However a shortcut way that i use if i need to refund someone is this: I have a mate with a paypal account, so she sends me a gift payment via the personal tab in send money sourcing it from her bank account so there is no charge and I just give her the cash.

That of course only works if you have a mate with a paypal account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

beckya
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry if it didn't make much sense! Well initially I tried to issue the refund first, but have since been using the 'Add funds' tab first! I just have no idea why it won't let me add funds from my bank account as it is verified. 

Oh right, maybe I can do that if worst comes to worst then! Thanks for the response

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.