Transfer money from my bank account to paypal?

chibinuyasha
New Community Member

Sorry this is my first time using paypal and first time buying stuff online.

I recently added my bank account on paypal

this what i have done so far but i didnt work

I went to My Account > Withdraw > Withdraw funds to your bank account

then i input $45 for the ammount.

then it gives me this error "Funds withdrawn must not exceed your available balance."

and i also have "$0.00 NZD From this balance"

i aslo tried this.... I went to My Account > Add Funds

and recieve this error. PayPal does not currently offer the ability to add funds from your bank account.

I currently have $77 from my savings account.

sorry im new to paypal

So can anyone teach me how to put money paypal using bank transfer.

thanks guys 😃

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Firstly this site covers transactions through a UK PayPal account. .com does have its own forum.

You do not need to upload funds to PayPal inorder to pay for items if you have a bank account attached and if you have gone through the deposit small amount process. If you have a card on file too any payments you make will be instant.

Do you have a UK PP account?

Login to Me Too

Dave_G
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have bought some stuff in the US, and need to pay postage for it to be shipped to my home address. The payment needs to be made by paypal.

Usually when I have used paypal my bank account is just debited if there are not enough funds in my account, however this time I am being asked to ensure there are sufficient funds in my account before paypal will make the payment.  Why the difference this time?

Also, I have just arranged for a payment of £50 to go from my debit card to paypal, but am told this will take 5-7 business days. This seems a ridiculously long time for an electronic payment. Is there any way I can get  money into my account quicker so that I can pay for the postage on my purchases sooner?

Login to Me Too

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You are paying in dollars, some payments have to be funded by card or a full PayPal balance.

Please be advised that as you are paying seperately for shipping, if the item does not arrive you will only recover the cost of the item not the postage.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey chibinuyasha,

As classy-diva says, this is a UK forum so if you’re outside of the UK there can be differences in policies.

Make sure you are withdrawing from the correct balance. You would have to have your funds in your local currency in order to withdraw to your bank account.

Hey Dave_G,

Adding funds from your bank account takes 5-7 working days to complete and has always taken some time to complete. It use to 7-9.

When sending payments, PayPal can pay your seller instantly on your behalf, which means PayPal wait the 5-7 working days to get the funds so you don't have to wait for your item.

The payment should be part funded by your card or bank if you have some funds in your balance unless the only funding option you are being given is eCheque.

Login to Me Too

Dave_G
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for all the replies.

I was just curious as to why, when I tried to use paypal for payment of postage, it insisted I had the money in my account, rather than just debiting my account as usual. I also find it difficult to understand why it takes 5-7 days for a debit payment to reach my paypal account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi there Dave_G,

One of the reasons it takes so long to process the funds is because the funds must go from your bank account through your banks clearing house and then to PayPal's clearing house and then to your PayPal account. To complete this process it takes 5-7 working days. This timeframe has been reduced recently as it used to be 7-9 working days.

I hope this helps,

Paula

Login to Me Too

misstea
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I wonder if you know if I still can pay an item that i bought on ebay if my transfer is still "Processing" in my paypal account? I understand it takes 5-7 days, I did my transfer on the 21st of March and the money has been in deducted from my bank to paypal but today is the 28th and it's been 7 days , it's still processing and my paypal balance is still £0.00 but in history page, the transfer is still in Processing Mode, I have to pay the item before the 30th from ebay or they will suspend my ebay account, what should i do?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi misstea,

Depending on what time of the day you initiated the transfer, the estimated timeframe for the funds to complete processing changes. For example, if you initiated the transfer in the evening of the 21st of March, the funds wouldn't have started processing until the following day, the 22nd of March.

Either way, if the funds were sent late on the 21st of March, they should have been processed to your PayPal balance at the very latest on the 30th of March 2011.

David.

Login to Me Too

bangaroriki
Contributor
Contributor

hi im just new using paypal account

please, can someone help me to show me how im going 

to add money to my paypal from the bank

i dont have sredit or debit card

please i really in need of your support

cause i really want to shop online using my paypal

thanks

Banga Roriki

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.