'Transfer from bank account' - transfer started on July 24th

JMChanning
Contributor
Contributor

Hey all,

I've searched forums and answers to no avail to try and fix this issue so I'd hope I'd get a resolution here.

I made a bank transfer from my bank account to my PayPal account and have waited since the 24th of July. I'm getting really anxious that this money has effectively been 'lost'. I have since cancelled the transaction in a moment of hope that I'd get the money returned. I did this on the 3rd of August.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Joe.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JMChanning

Takes 5-7 working days so that means it would probably have cleared sometime up to midnight yesterday.

But if you have cancelled it then you may have to wait again for it to return.

You are aware you never need funds in your paypal account balance as a buyer aren't you?

As long as you have a linked funding source paypal will take direct from your funding source eg bank account / card.

Normally they credit the seller in advance and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer, so you get your item more quickly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JMChanning

Takes 5-7 working days so that means it would probably have cleared sometime up to midnight yesterday.

But if you have cancelled it then you may have to wait again for it to return.

You are aware you never need funds in your paypal account balance as a buyer aren't you?

As long as you have a linked funding source paypal will take direct from your funding source eg bank account / card.

Normally they credit the seller in advance and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer, so you get your item more quickly.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JMChanning
Contributor
Contributor

Do would I need to wait another 5 to 7 days for it to return?

Login to Me Too

JMChanning
Contributor
Contributor

I found that you didn't need a balance after I attempted to transfer the funds.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JMChanning

Did you cancel it from your bank account side? If so you would need to ask your bank.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.