Transaction failed

dominko777
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I´m trying to resolve a negative balance (£29.99) as I haven´t used the account in a while and I had some direct debits on my name. So I decided to resolve a negative balance as I would like to use PayPal as I used to do before but there is some issue that I don´t understand.

"Add Funds to Resolve Negative Balance

This transaction failed because we were unable to verify this credit card through our card validation process. In order to proceed with your transaction, please select a different payment method or link a different credit card."

What is that mean? What am I supposed to do with it now? 

Thank you for your help

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dominko777

Ways to clear a negative balance.

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via "add funds" if you choose the faster method it should be done quickly.

2. Get a mate or family member to send you a payment to your paypal via the friends / family option (as long as they don't fund it with a card there is no fee).

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal. Tel number =

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dominko777
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I think I can´t follow your steps because I´ve checked my accounts and I don´t really understand what´s happenning.

MAY 09/2016
Loading transaction details foreBay  ....... Purchase
-negative £29.99
Paid with PayPal Balance Your backup is VISA ..... Sent to  Marked as sent Status: Sent Total
£29.99

PayPal paid for my item but couldn´t get money from my account because I accidentaly didn´t have any funds on my account.

LLOYDS
12 May 16

PAYPAL PAYMENT ......

DD

12 May 16

RETURNED DD

But there was a money taken from my account to PayPal on 19 May 16
That means I´ve paid my dept off to Paypal but it is still showing me I haven´t.
19 May 16

PAYPAL PAYMENT ....

DD

PayPal Summary:

Credit cardRefused – Transfer from Credit CardLoading transaction details forCredit cardRefused – Transfer from Credit Card
Login to Me Too

LaizaVenice
Contributor
Contributor

than means paypal tried to take the money and it wasn't sucessful either bank stopped it or it failed bank clearance.

if the paypal account still says that it wasn't paid then probably it's still clearing or the money is on it's way now going back to you.

and yeah than can cause over draft fees by the bank.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.