The bank that issued your card didn't approve this transaction.

Kayden007

Since tonight when I tried to make a purchase using my paypal I got this error "

The bank that issued your card didn't approve this transaction.
Please contact the card issuer's customer service department if you have any questions. Or you can add a different card now to continue." 

I called my bank and they told me I had no money on my Debit Card(but I had money on my paypal). She told me that paypal was trying to take the money from my emty account instead of itsself.

Later I tried to withdraw my paypal money to my debit card but it started asking me to "Add debit card".  Even though I filled it out correctly I still kept getting the same "The bank that issued your card didn't approve this transaction." error. I called my bank again and she told me that she doesn't see any credits coming though and that the problem is most likly paypal 😕

Any way to fix this? I have to get this sorted as soon as possible

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

1. You can't withdraw funds to a card in the UK. You can only withdraw to a bank account linked to your paypal account setting up the direct debit mandate.

2. To use funds in your paypal account balance you need to have them in the same currency as the seller AND have a back up credit card linked to your paypal account as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.