RowBot
Contributor
Contributor

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you are a new seller then it is an extra layer of buyer protection and will be stopped once you have a proven selling track record.

And to be fair you agreed to payment holds if neccessary when you signed up to their user agreement when you became a paypal member.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RowBot
Contributor
Contributor

FYI kernowlass these holds have got nothing to do with being a new seller. I did loads of withdrawals which were fine & then did one which got with-held. Paypal told me basically it's random &  has nothing do to with the sellers account.

Also, just because Paypal have some clause buried away in their small print doesn't make it OK to let their customers down in this manner. We receive emails saying that our money will be in our bank accounts on such-a-such a day when they know **bleep** well that it won't.

All I ask is that Paypal notify people when their money will be held. That is not an unreasonable request. As was mentioned in the last post - it's our money & we have a right to know what's happening to it

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Most holds are due to new seller status, if and when they do other holds it may well be random.

I have had payments held in the past, no probs, didn't bother me....money came through in the end and for all the benefits I have had from selling items I would never have got rid of any other way than ebay and for more money it was a small inconvenience. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.