Strange PayPal half-yearly Direct Debit

differentiate
Contributor
Contributor

I woke up today to discover a text from my bank that I'm overdrawn. Apparently there is a half-yearly PayPal Direct Debit setup to pay £103.06. I'm not sure why this exists as I rarely use PayPal, but what's even more confusing is that it isn't showing up on my PayPal statement, not even in the Pending section (which is awaiting a refund for something else).

Any ideas anyone?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@differentiate

Firstly check here  >>

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > and under "manage upcoming payments" top left of page second option down is pre-approved payments.

If there is nothing there then it could be a payment you originally made eg to an antivirus company etc that you paid via a debit card (and not logging into paypal) but the seller processed it via their paypal account, that is called paying as a guest buyer. If that is the case you may get more info from your bank or give customer services a call.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

differentiate
Contributor
Contributor

Cheers Kernower.

I called PayPal this morning and they said that it was due to going overdrawn the other day, my bank was the backup account so they withdrew the difference despite a refund being issued. Apparently PayPal doesn't immediately receive funds but instead uses credit which means I need to wait it out. When it arrives I can then move it back.

I transferred some of my PayPal balance to my bank so I wouldn't get charged and to ensure it was working correctly, which was successful. All is left now is the waiting game. Shame this had to happen as I need it to pay for something today 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.