Sick of Withdrawal Requests Pending!!!

clarky201

I use eBay a couple of times a year and mostly because I need some extra cash fairly quickly.  I sell my items, get paid via paypal (and they take their cut) and try to withdraw to my bank account, only to find out that the payments are under review.  I need to have the money into my account as I may have direct debits that need paying only for them to be returned as the money is still with paypal.  So, I may get charged by my bank for returned direct debits whilst paypal still hold the money that should be in my bank to cover this.  This seems to happen every time I use eBay/paypal and I'm getting sick of it.  I ring paypal only to be fobbed off as they say its policy and I get selected randomly but I seem to get selected every time.  The whole point of me using eBay/paypal is to get some cash into my account as quickly as possible (2 hours they advise) only to find out that I can't have access to my own cash!!!!     

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

carpina

Hi, this has just happened to me for the first time.  I have always received the money within moments so was gutted when it didn't arrive as I need the money urgently.  Can anyone tell me how long a pending withdrawal typically takes?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi carpina,

I am sorry to hear that. This sounds like our internal security system has delayed your withdrawal while we review it.

As you know your PayPal account security is our number one priority. I don’t think so this hold will take too long. For UK PayPal users withdrawal holds can take up to 2 – 72 hours.

I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Arda

Login to Me Too

Lynette34

This is rediculous!!!!

I have used ebay/paypal for many different transactions over the years, be it selling or buying and previously never had a problem with withdrawing my OWN MONEY!!!! After all paypal don't waste anytime deducting their cut for the transation do they?? And thinking about it holding peoples money in their account can only earn them more interest (HOW CONVENIENT).

If I have my money in my paypal account then I should be able to withdraw it immediately!! Also I want to know why it varies in times i.e one minute immediately the next min 24 hours and then 72 hours. TAKES THE P###!!! and don't bother speaking to anyone at paypal customer services as they are as about much help as a chocolate firegaurd... Fobbing people off with this security crap when (like I said earlier) that previously it was immediate.

My bank allows me to withdraw my own money and PAYPAL should do too. It's not your money PAYPAL

Login to Me Too

unsyst
Contributor
Contributor
You'll be lucky to get your money in 3 days. I've waited 5 and paid extra for 24 hour recorded service . How handy for PayPal's interest balance that they immorally hold our money. Some sell on eBay as they're skint but left even worse off
Login to Me Too

fedup09
Contributor
Contributor
I'm the same I'm disgusted with the amount of time MY MONEY for withdrawal is pending review message.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi fedup09,
Sorry to hear that. Generally withdraws will complete within 2 hours however we will occasionally hold a withdrawal for further review. This type of review can happen for various reasons. For example, you may have received a higher-than-usual amount of money into your account, you may be logging in from an unsecure network or you may have made changes to your account profile recently.
To avoid a similar inconvenience in future I advise you to clear your browser’s cache and cookies before withdrawing. Also if you are using proxy logins or VPN changer programs please switch it off when using your PayPal account. 🙂
Thanks for posting. Have a great weekend.
Arda

Login to Me Too

bigtidyup
Contributor
Contributor

There is NO excuse for holding peoples money ILLEGALLY we all know that the 'under review' story is hogwash, because it is happening to EVERYONE and just the latest way paypal have devised to hold on to its customers money for as long as they (think) they can get away with without people cottoning on to the scam.

It is DISGRACEFUL behaviour.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.