Resolving a negative balance nightmare

Jmcly2017
Contributor
Contributor

Good Morning,

I have had an absolute nightmare with this since yesterday, let me tell you the story.

I had gone to withdraw almost £200 from my Paypal account, and I had the usual "allow upto 72 hours" which funnily enough the funds are always in bang on 72 hours, never less. Always interesting how companies can take your money straight away but can't do the same when it comes to giving it to you.

I had an email yesterday evening, advising me that my account had been limited due to issues with a previous Paypal account and provided some breif details. Unsure with it all I called Paypal and was informed that on an old Paypal account of mine there was a negative balance of £27.00. I advised I would call there collections team and pay this, however I never knew.

I tried to call there collections team, but the time was not 20:45 and they were closed so I called them first thing this morning at 8am. A card payment was made over the telephone, and again I was advised that the money would be taken instantly and my account status will be amended within 48 hours! Again, why do i need to wait 48 hours when you take the payment straight away?

I then called the limitations team, who informed me that I have to allow 24-48 hours for the funds to clear, and then my account will be re-instated. So I voiced my opinion and disatisfaction with this, I was then talked over, shouted at and told that it wasn't there fault that I didn't manage my own account. Completely correct but it was put across in such a rude manner. I then asked to speak to the advisors manager, who informed me that there was no manager available for me to speak too. Advised I would wait, and I was told again that no manager would be speaking with me. I explained again that I would wait for a manager. I was then told I was been placed on hold, 7 minutes later he returned and advised like he had said previously, there was no manager I could speak too.

I told him again that I would wait, and he said "well before you can speak to a manager, I want to know why you want to speak to a manager". I explained to raise a complaint against him, he asked for a reason and I said that this was what I would be discussing with his manager. But it was for his attitude, talking over me when I was speaking (at no point did I speak over him as that's just rude) and for the fact he was arguing with me and that is not what I had called them for.

He then started to go on again, advising I wouldn't be speaking with a manager and as I was saying I would wait he advised me that I was going on hold mid way in my sentence. After a few minutes he returned and mysteriously the call was terminated on his end.

Called back and spoke to the complaints team, who then informed me that I had to raise my complaint via the section on my Paypal account and this couldn't be done by telephone.

I have sinced emailed the CEO,VP and MD of Paypal UK.

Roughly 15 minutes ago, I received an email advising me that they had tried to contact me in September 2016 to resolve the negative balance and to call them by telephone.. but I've just done this so unsure why I am receiving an email regarding the negative balance now and not before.

If anyone has any suggestions on how I could speed up this process, I am all ears.

Thanks,

James

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Hipgnostic
New Community Member

I too have been having this issue. For months PayPal has been taking over 50.00 a month out of my account. Funny how that addition to the account balance never showed up on the activity section. Funny how I continued to go into the negative month after month with no transactions posted on my activity. After a nightmare with a transaction I made on eBay, I decided to do an experiment. I removed my bank account from PayPal eliminating the auto withdrawl. I added an exact amount of money into my PayPal account. I made purchases that totalled the amount I deposited minus 7 dollars and 62 cents. After the transactions cleared I checked my balance. 7.62 as I expected. A week later after no account activity or transactions I checked my account again and was surprised to see a -62.00 balance. I checked the account activity and no where was a transaction recorded supporting this negative balance. Tired of the bull **bleep**, I waited another week. I checked today and now my balance is -32.00. Again with no additional entries to my activity account page. So how did it go down? Or UP? Or anything?  It is a scam. It is a scam between eBay and PayPal. PayPal and eBay now claim they are seperate from each other. convienient wouldnt you say. Now when you have a problem getting paid for an item you bought or sold, both companies point the finger at each other leaving the consumer nowhere and helpless. To me it looks intentional. But like all of you we cant prove it. And with the monopoly they have built, the average consumer is rendered defensless. Forget about contacting customer service for either of them. You get someone from a third world country with an attitude reading replies off a screen. Where one used to be able to email the customer service department is now gone unless you have a claim number. If you go to the resolution center there is no place to resolve a scenerio such as this one. Its a joke and it is intentional. They have taken money out of my account for months without posting it. They continue to post my account is negative without any transactions, hidden charges etc, posted on my activity. We are being robbed and our consumer protection laws mean nothing. The only choice we have is to suck it up and stop using PayPal and eBay. And be thankful we are only out a few hundred. If anyone else has any information on how to resolve this please let us know. But the bottom line is, weather or not the problem is resolved, only an idiot would continue to do business with these companies. Problem is we have become depended on these companies for what they once were. Break that dependancy and move on. There are alot of other ways to buy and sell on the net without any charges. These companies are on their way out and have began to scam the same consumers that made them who they are today. They are taking as much money as they can from everyone before they go under or are hit with class action law suits. The way I see it, this may have started as a computer error that went un noticed. When they noticed it they realized their are millions of dollars the system took from consumers. They realize now that people have caught on to the mistake and will have to pay restitution. That restitution will bankrupt the companies and take the vacation homes away from the CEO's. So instead of admitting their mistake they have decided to capitolize on the error and play dumb by accelerating the computer glitch into a full scale felony crime that can not be traced. Can not be traced because there is no transaction history. Once the CEO's pockets are lined with our cash they will go under leaving all their victims without recourse or any chance of getting the money that was stolen from them back. Welcome to america. The perfect scam VIA PayPal and eBay. Get out while you can. Don't say you werent warned. The writing is not in your account or on the wall. Its posted all over the net. Good luck everyone.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.