Recent withdrawal queries

PayPal_david

Hi everyone,

I'd like to apologise about the delay in giving an update on this. We have been investigating your queries and responses.

Nowadays, we aim to withdraw money to your bank within 2 hours of you initiating it from your PayPal account. This is much faster than before.

However, our system delays a small amount of withdrawals for security reasons. These will usually take 21 hours to complete, a very small amount can take 72 hours. These will show as being “under review” in your PayPal account.

You can find the small print in our UA in section 6.2.b.3.

P.S. While I hope this sheds some light on the situation, I understand your frustration and confusion. I’ll make sure to forward your feedback, too.  

Thanks,

David.

Login to Me Too
253 REPLIES 253

Zwixy
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry but that's the same crap answers we get from everywhere.

Why are some being held for 21 hours and others for 72 hours? I made 2 withdrawals in the same day and one has 21 the other 72. 

Of course paypal would have a line for it ready in their stupid conditions.

You're either just keeping a certain amount longer to get interest on it or your system just can't take it (which seems ridiculous)

Your topic has no value and just frustrates people like me that have been on the phone and had the robot replies by email...

Login to Me Too

moosepaw
Contributor
Contributor

just done a withdrawal for £4.00 and it said it is being reviewed for security purposes that is complete and utter rubbish

it makes no sense what so ever

Login to Me Too

19leo68

just done one for £7.96 now got to wait to post the item to buyer HOW GOOD DOES THAT LOOK ....

Login to Me Too

stratfordlibran
Contributor
Contributor

@19leo68 wrote:

just done one for £7.96 now got to wait to post the item to buyer HOW GOOD DOES THAT LOOK ....

To all the victims of Paypal,

Having seen NUMEROUS highly disconcerting negative reviews on the appalling and very evidently lack of Customer Service from Paypal.

I can strongly suggest one thing that can work.  GLOBAL Petition requesting ALL relevant authorities to Haul in Paypal's key Directors and shake them into understanding that serious reform MUST be done to avoid Unhappy and thoroughly annoyed Customers.

If you as an individual make a complain on your OWN - you will very likely be dismissed as a Whinger, Moaner, Noise maker and a Nutter!!  Companies like Paypal DO NOT take Notice of Individuals.

It is actually very simple action and CAN work.  How do I know this?  I launched a Global online petition campaign against another Giant Corporate and it took me just over 6 weeks to Garner support/signatures of over 12,000 very hacked off customers - then I forwarded/posted (via Recorded Delivery) to European MP's and various Authorities over 3 countries.  GUESS What??!!  Issue resolved and everyone got compensated! YUP!  ALL of us hacked-off PayPal customers must join together and sign a petition which I will create shortly and start a Global campaign!

As PayPal has MILLIONS of customers and a vast proportion of them have and are being messed about by the abysmal Customer service - it is not difficult to garner over 20,000 support/signatures.

Just type in Petition against Paypal appalling review in any search engine within 4 hours by now and FB, Tweet all your contacts who have/had a Paypal account and genuinely wants Paypal to be reformed so that Paypal actually does what it says in it's slogan PayPal - The Safer and Faster way to pay.

Remember that we the-hacked-off customers of Paypal MUST go viral in seeking plenty of supporters for the petition, Therefore Once you find the Petition: PayPal MUST Reform and improve Customer Service online - Tweet & FB to Everyone.

I now have 11 ebay customers who unfortunately cannot receive their items which are due for despatch this morning because all their payments have been frozen "Pending Review".  I am just dreading having to write the apologetic emails to each and everyone of them for an issue caused by PayPal.

Login to Me Too

ney82levie

I find Pay pal to be very annoying now days!I have just got refunded today and Received an email that the Ebay seller has send  me a refund  but trying to withdraw my money to a bank account is a nightmare! takes ages and still not showing! why why?really dissapointed

Login to Me Too

annetterigby

We need to contact the FSA! 

This is little more than stealing our money!!!

Login to Me Too

Brilliant 🙂
Login to Me Too

annetterigby

That is exactly what has happened to me, I have a buyer who is waiting for her awning she has bought from me, but without the £20 to post it, its sat here until Paypal release the money!!!! It looks dreadful to this buyer!!!

Disgusting!!!

Login to Me Too

stratfordlibran
Contributor
Contributor

@moosepaw wrote:

just done a withdrawal for £4.00 and it said it is being reviewed for security purposes that is complete and utter rubbish

it makes no sense what so ever

To all the victims of Paypal,

Having seen NUMEROUS highly disconcerting negative reviews on the appalling and very evidently lack of Customer Service from Paypal.

I can strongly suggest one thing that can work.  GLOBAL Petition requesting ALL relevant authorities to Haul in Paypal's key Directors and shake them into understanding that serious reform MUST be done to avoid Unhappy and thoroughly annoyed Customers.

If you as an individual make a complain on your OWN - you will very likely be dismissed as a Whinger, Moaner, Noise maker and a Nutter!!  Companies like Paypal DO NOT take Notice of Individuals.

It is actually very simple action and CAN work.  How do I know this?  I launched a Global online petition campaign against another Giant Corporate and it took me just over 6 weeks to Garner support/signatures of over 12,000 very hacked off customers - then I forwarded/posted (via Recorded Delivery) to European MP's and various Authorities over 3 countries.  GUESS What??!!  Issue resolved and everyone got compensated! YUP!  ALL of us hacked-off PayPal customers must join together and sign a petition which I will create shortly and start a Global campaign!

As PayPal has MILLIONS of customers and a vast proportion of them have and are being messed about by the abysmal Customer service - it is not difficult to garner over 20,000 support/signatures.

Just type in Petition against Paypal appalling review in any search engine within 4 hours by now and FB, Tweet all your contacts who have/had a Paypal account and genuinely wants Paypal to be reformed so that Paypal actually does what it says in it's slogan PayPal - The Safer and Faster way to pay.

Remember that we the-hacked-off customers of Paypal MUST go viral in seeking plenty of supporters for the petition, Therefore Once you find the Petition: PayPal MUST Reform and improve Customer Service online - Tweet & FB to Everyone.

I now have 11 ebay customers who unfortunately cannot receive their items which are due for despatch this morning because all their payments have been frozen "Pending Review".  I am just dreading having to write the apologetic emails to each and everyone of them for an issue caused by PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.