Recent withdrawal queries

PayPal_david

Hi everyone,

I'd like to apologise about the delay in giving an update on this. We have been investigating your queries and responses.

Nowadays, we aim to withdraw money to your bank within 2 hours of you initiating it from your PayPal account. This is much faster than before.

However, our system delays a small amount of withdrawals for security reasons. These will usually take 21 hours to complete, a very small amount can take 72 hours. These will show as being “under review” in your PayPal account.

You can find the small print in our UA in section 6.2.b.3.

P.S. While I hope this sheds some light on the situation, I understand your frustration and confusion. I’ll make sure to forward your feedback, too.  

Thanks,

David.

Login to Me Too
253 REPLIES 253

Andibid1
Contributor
Contributor

love a pm of that email pls!

Login to Me Too

vickyr18
Contributor
Contributor

I took out £100 on sunday from my bank and put it in my paypal i knew i had the money there as i had £111 in my bank it is now saturday and it still isnt in my paypal it dissapeared from my bank on wednesday and was supposed to clear on friday

this is just getting really annoying now as i would like my money bank in either my bank or paypal and i want the full amount not them taking money from me. i did loose my card as this was the reason why i transfered the money and ive linked the card with paypal on wednesday

so where is my money 😧 -_-

Login to Me Too

stratfordlibran
Contributor
Contributor

@vickyr18 wrote:

I took out £100 on sunday from my bank and put it in my paypal i knew i had the money there as i had £111 in my bank it is now saturday and it still isnt in my paypal it dissapeared from my bank on wednesday and was supposed to clear on friday

this is just getting really annoying now as i would like my money bank in either my bank or paypal and i want the full amount not them taking money from me. i did loose my card as this was the reason why i transfered the money and ive linked the card with paypal on wednesday

so where is my money 😧 -_-

To all the victims of Paypal,

Having seen NUMEROUS highly disconcerting negative reviews on the appalling and very evidently lack of Customer Service from Paypal.

I can strongly suggest one thing that can work.  GLOBAL Petition requesting ALL relevant authorities to Haul in Paypal's key Directors and shake them into understanding that serious reform MUST be done to avoid Unhappy and thoroughly annoyed Customers.

If you as an individual make a complain on your OWN - you will very likely be dismissed as a Whinger, Moaner, Noise maker and a Nutter!!  Companies like Paypal DO NOT take Notice of Individuals.

It is actually very simple action and CAN work.  How do I know this?  I launched a Global online petition campaign against another Giant Corporate and it took me just over 6 weeks to Garner support/signatures of over 12,000 very hacked off customers - then I forwarded/posted (via Recorded Delivery) to European MP's and various Authorities over 3 countries.  GUESS What??!!  Issue resolved and everyone got compensated! YUP!  ALL of us hacked-off PayPal customers must join together and sign a petition which I will create shortly and start a Global campaign!

As PayPal has MILLIONS of customers and a vast proportion of them have and are being messed about by the abysmal Customer service - it is not difficult to garner over 20,000 support/signatures.

Just type in Petition against Paypal appalling review in any search engine within 4 hours by now and FB, Tweet all your contacts who have/had a Paypal account and genuinely wants Paypal to be reformed so that Paypal actually does what it says in it's slogan PayPal - The Safer and Faster way to pay.

Remember that we the-hacked-off customers of Paypal MUST go viral in seeking plenty of supporters for the petition, Therefore Once you find the Petition: PayPal MUST Reform and improve Customer Service online - Tweet & FB to Everyone.

I now have 11 ebay customers who unfortunately cannot receive their items which are due for despatch this morning because all their payments have been frozen "Pending Review".  I am just dreading having to write the apologetic emails to each and everyone of them for an issue caused by PayPal.

Login to Me Too

stratfordlibran
Contributor
Contributor

@purple_paula wrote:

I've had the same 'pending' the amount withdrawn for security reasons twice now and getting more frustrated by this.  I use paypal for speed and convenience and this isn;t what I need right now when I'm so busy.

When is this idiotic phase going to stop and we can have access to OUR money when we need it?!

'

To all the victims of Paypal,

Having seen NUMEROUS highly disconcerting negative reviews on the appalling and very evidently lack of Customer Service from Paypal.

I can strongly suggest one thing that can work.  GLOBAL Petition requesting ALL relevant authorities to Haul in Paypal's key Directors and shake them into understanding that serious reform MUST be done to avoid Unhappy and thoroughly annoyed Customers.

If you as an individual make a complain on your OWN - you will very likely be dismissed as a Whinger, Moaner, Noise maker and a Nutter!!  Companies like Paypal DO NOT take Notice of Individuals.

It is actually very simple action and CAN work.  How do I know this?  I launched a Global online petition campaign against another Giant Corporate and it took me just over 6 weeks to Garner support/signatures of over 12,000 very hacked off customers - then I forwarded/posted (via Recorded Delivery) to European MP's and various Authorities over 3 countries.  GUESS What??!!  Issue resolved and everyone got compensated! YUP!  ALL of us hacked-off PayPal customers must join together and sign a petition which I will create shortly and start a Global campaign!

As PayPal has MILLIONS of customers and a vast proportion of them have and are being messed about by the abysmal Customer service - it is not difficult to garner over 20,000 support/signatures.

Just type in Petition against Paypal appalling review in any search engine within 4 hours by now and FB, Tweet all your contacts who have/had a Paypal account and genuinely wants Paypal to be reformed so that Paypal actually does what it says in it's slogan PayPal - The Safer and Faster way to pay.

Remember that we the-hacked-off customers of Paypal MUST go viral in seeking plenty of supporters for the petition, Therefore Once you find the Petition: PayPal MUST Reform and improve Customer Service online - Tweet & FB to Everyone.

I now have 11 ebay customers who unfortunately cannot receive their items which are due for despatch this morning because all their payments have been frozen "Pending Review".  I am just dreading having to write the apologetic emails to each and everyone of them for an issue caused by PayPal.

Login to Me Too

RowBot
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_david wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'd like to apologise about the delay in giving an update on this. We have been investigating your queries and responses.

Nowadays, we aim to withdraw money to your bank within 2 hours of you initiating it from your PayPal account. This is much faster than before.

However, our system delays a small amount of withdrawals for security reasons. These will usually take 21 hours to complete, a very small amount can take 72 hours. These will show as being “under review” in your PayPal account.

You can find the small print in our UA in section 6.2.b.3.

P.S. While I hope this sheds some light on the situation, I understand your frustration and confusion. I’ll make sure to forward your feedback, too.  

Thanks,

David.

This is usless and tells us nothing. Why are Paypal having such a hard time admitting that they've **bleep**ed up? I am still getting Paypal staff trying to blame my bank for these lengthy delays.

What is causing all of these holds & when is it going to be sorted out?! 

Login to Me Too

Tenakah57

I thought because I am new to the whole eBay/PayPal partnership of selling online was the reason it was taking so long to receive funds from my sales. Only two transactions into this and I am already unhappy with the process. When I buy something, I have to pay immediately. When I deposit money into my bank, the funds are ALWAYS available. IT'S MY MONEY. PERIOD. I understand the process of holding funds until delivery is confirmed, but why, once the funds are "available", does it take "3-5 business days" to transfer those funds into my bank account and once the transfer shows "complete", it still does not show up in my account for up to 2-3 days later?

Does anyone realize that PayPal must be collecting an incredible amount of interest by holding our monies, the longer held the more interest our money makes them. Since I already pay them for each transaction, I believe they are unfairly taking financial advantage of their customers. That's us. What is our course of action in seeking remedy? PayPal needs to make our funds available as quickly as they demand payment from each of us on each transaction. Any other ideas?

Login to Me Too

jaglover
Contributor
Contributor

Dear David,

I'm really glad that a Paypal moderator has decided to take an interest in this - it's a pity it wasn't possible for you to get on board sooner and maybe reduce the growing number of threads referring to the same problem.  Assuming you've read these threads you'll already be aware that several users have already been advised by Paypal over the telephone that the present problem is a technical fault with your new Faster Payments system and I'm astonished that an employee of Paypal would think such a post sufficient or even helpful after all this time.

We don't need to hear the long-discredited platitude in your post; we need to hear that Paypal has a target date for getting this system working properly - or failing that, a date for re-instating the original quick withdrawal system with £5 fee which so many of us have relied on for years.

We understand that implementing FPS was a significant piece of work for Paypal; we understand it may have teething problems (and we even understand that occasionally 'security reviews' are real and valid).  What we don't understand is why Paypal seems intent on damaging its reputation by failing to communicate the problem promptly and professionally to its customers.  Paypal has the mechanisms in place to send an announcement message directly to every Paypal user's inbox - we've all seen them from time to time.  

Paypal has let their customers and themselves down by choosing not to communicate with us about this before now when the means - and the imperative - was there to do so.   I'm sure that eventually - in a week, or a month or whatever - all this will be behind us and withdrawals will work smoothly again.  Nevertheless, for us long-standing professional customers this will leave a bad taste and personally I'm not sure if I will ever feel as confident about my Paypal balances again.

Not your finest hour, Paypal.  Now, rant over so let's have a proper reply from you David, including some credible information about the status of the system and the estimated time to get it working properly.

Login to Me Too

RowBot
Contributor
Contributor

Couldn't have said it better myself jaglover!

Login to Me Too

timmmers
New Community Member

I'd like to know why, if this is a "small number" , everyone I know has had it happen?

I'd also like to know what exactly you review? I have withdrawn before no problem to the same bank account, the amount isn't anough to cause any concerns so what exactly do you check ? Also HOW can you be reviewing anything as that would be done manually to be worthwhile and couldn't have a fixed time limit at all.

The rules for instant payments changed recently which is why you had to comply and reduce the laughable period you hung on to OUR money previously ...now you are trying a loophole to go back to the old 72 hour max (which looks like it may become the norm with complete nonsense justifying it).

I am going to write tot he financial ombudsman about this, I encourage others to do the same. Unless you enjoy being bullied by a company that is happy to tell you anything to mislead you and hang on to your money ...AND CHARGE YOU TO DO SO. Nothing will change if we all sit moaning and do nothing. Paypal don't care if we're not happy because they have a virtual monopoly on Ebay forcing some of us to use them even if we'd prefer not to.

Login to Me Too

scotsbiker
Contributor
Contributor

As I have said in a previous posting today..I am sick and tired of Paypal mods saying how thet sympathise with our frustrations etc etc and sick of the computer generated responses to my emails simply giving a list of FAQs..I will not be patronised..if it was a Paypal customer who didnt pay the fees on time..Paypal would threaten legal action..which is what we should do !! PLUS i am quite sure that if " Paypal David " and other moderators got to Pay day on Friday only to find that there could be a 72 hour delay in the funds being cleared in his bank account..it would be a different story !!! THAT is exactly the same as is happening to our funds...so enough of the patronising " I understand the problem "Guys " comments. Paypal are meant to be a bank...get it sorted.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.