Problem Withdrawing money from paypal to my bank account.

Nawnii
Contributor
Contributor

On Saturday, I sent 150$ USD from my Paypal account to my M&T Bank account, the notification said 3-4 business days for that to happen, which is fine. Well I wake up this morning and to my suprise paypal says the transaction is complete already. So I log into my bank account and the money isn't there. Now is there more time I have to wait for my money to get to my bank? Because right now I don't have 150$ in my paypal, nor in my bank, and im starting to get frustrated even though it says the transaction is complete. Please help me.

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

lucymaria2
Contributor
Contributor

I am also still waiting and its been 72 hours now..not happy, i have rung them twice today and they said it would go in within 72 hours, which is now!!! cant ring them as its closed, i have never had a problem before its always within 48 hours. its a large amount of money that i need in my bank by the morning!!!!  paypal needs to shape up!!!!

Login to Me Too

lucymaria2
Contributor
Contributor

well its just gone in after this post lol 🙂

Login to Me Too

Andibid1
Contributor
Contributor

sORRY THIS PENDING IS NOT RANDOM

READ THE EMAIL YOU GET WHEN YOU ASK FOR A WITHDRAWL, MAY TAKE XXX HOURS BUT MAY TAKE LONGER IF, YES IF, YOU ARE SUBJECT TO REVIEW

eXPLAIN THAT PAYPAL....

I TRIED TO WITHDRAW...AND THE RESULTS

£80 24 hrs

1p 72 hrs

1p 72 hrs

see my topic on the withdraw funds experiment

seriopusly why do paypal breach their own t&c's

Random review my arse

Ever read the email that comes through, may take up to24/72/365/999 (choose a number) of hours but MAY TAKE LONGER IF SUBJECT TO REVIEW.......

Why not the faster payment service like you say you going to use in Section 3 of your terms eh????????

Login to Me Too

mbk81
Contributor
Contributor

i just had same where can u find there t&Cs and any one get any where 

paypal is meant to be easy to use and user friendly i kinda dont believe this now they seem to be all about "CAN`T do rather than CAN DO 

Login to Me Too

Classycanvas
New Community Member

Hi all,

I seem to be having the same difficulty. I run a small Canvas/Photography company and some of my customers were keen for me to get Paypal, but, I'd heard bad things so was put off. Eventually I signed up and thought I'd give it a go. I've had two customers order Canvasses now via Gumtree and private ads, payment made, now all that has to happen is Paypal transfer the funds to my account so I can get the canvasses printed and sent as this is done by an extrenal company.......it's now been pending since yesterday, not sure what's happening?!?! This morning it asked me to confirm by calling my mobile but typically my mobile was dead, it then gave me another option to confirm this is my account by card and I had to input my number yet again?!?! So many security checks and I've only been paid £100!!! Now I'm also left waiting for the payment, is this how it usually works with Paypal?? If so I may go elsewhere and I've only just begun!

Login to Me Too

msalaris
New Community Member

Same here , Done withdrawl as an emergency as i need funds

every one else i know that uses paypal its almost instant

trust me the day i need funds for food and bills i make a withdrawal

and its pending :s 

Its kind of annoying as i have direct debits i need to pay in the morning

I know its part of the TOS but come on paypal we need to be able to access our funds quickly 

its 2013 😞

Login to Me Too

natviolet
This has happened to me too. Any other withdrawal ive ever made has been in my account within two hourse but this Wednesday I made a withdrawal that I really need but it didn't go into my bank account after 2 hours so I rang paypal and the customer service agent said he could immediately see what had happened because this withdrawal was significantly larger than my previous withdrawals and that I had withdrawn it immediately that they have decided to review it for security reasons and that my money will arrive within 72 hours! I really need this money and it's my money! It seems to me that paypal just want to hang onto my money for a bit longer. It's been over 48hrs now and I have been checking my account like a mad woman. I have been very stressed and it's still not there. I don't have much confidence that I will get my money within the 72hrs now either. How can paypal do this to people?
Login to Me Too

greenslade98

I think this random security check is absolute rubbish. I am a new member of paypal and i wish i hadn't bothered. I have withdrawn money now on numerous occasions and EVERY SINGLE time i have had to wait 72 hours. The man i called at paypal said its because the system is getting to know you??? Everything is linked my card my account if they cant verify who i am quicker than 72 hours whats the point. Im using it for EBAY and i need the money to post their items.

So how comes they keep on doing the random securtiy on me EVERY time? Its ridiculous and i am gonna get bad feedback from people buying my stuff.

Its MY money I WANT it NOW! Will ringing paypal before doing a withdrawal help or is it all computer generated? If i send it to someones paypal account how long does it take to get to theres? Surely no 72 hours?

I just think its ridiculous!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why would you get bad feedback from buyers?

A buyer has paid you the instant their funds hits your paypal account, you should not wait to withdraw funds before sending the item.

As for the 72 hour hold i have a theory about that.

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then start the process of uploading your funds to paypal from your funding source.

So if you as that seller withdraw that payment instantly then its paypals money you are withdrawing and i reckon the hold is just a precaution whilst they wait for the buyers funds to clear through to themselves.

The reason i think this? Normally i withdraw funds about once a month and NEVER had a hold. BUT I had a bigger payment than usual and withdraw that straight away and guess what I had a 72 hour hold....coincidence? maybe but I think not.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20211223dx
New Community Member

kernowlass, that's rubbish. why should we be out of pocket for paypals incompetance? Also, dont you go on to contardict yourself but saying 'it's PayPal's money...' Anyway, I digress... Have been trying to get hold of funds since last Saturday. The only reason I'm using eBay/PayPal with their extortionate fees is becuase it's emergency and I needed cash FAST.

It's painfully obvious this isn't random and the 'system', if not the PayPal rep. on the phone has an overview of both your eBay and PayPal accounts.

Makes me sick.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.