Pending withdrawals

KeatJoe
Contributor
Contributor

These pending withdrawls seem to be getting out of hand, The first one that happened to me was about 1 or 2 weeks ago on a withdrawl of around £180 which I totally understand as its quite a lot of money, but what I don't understand is why since them, it has happened on all my other withdrawls (3 withdrawls.)

When the first one occured, I rang paypal to Just ask how long it would take, and a man told me it would take upto 72 hours, but it usualy takes around 21, he also told me not to withdraw any funds until the money had cleared or these would become pending also, so I waited.  I then transfered a smaller amount of £25, which also became pending, so again, I had to wait for this to clear..  

Recently on saturday, I withdrawed £25 again, which also became pending, so I rang up again, and the man I spoke to from paypal was quite rude, not listening to anything I was saying at all, and just telling me it will take upto 72 hours because someone needs to check it, I was pretty angry as you can understand, so I just hung up and gave it 72 hours to clear, the day this cleared, (yesterday) I transfered the last of the money from my account to my bank as I am planning to stop using paypal when possible due to this (£40), but you'll never guess what?

IT HAPPENED AGAIN!   Its beyond a joke, I'm not happy in the slightest, the thing that annoys me is, it always takes exactly 72 hours, which in my eyes, just gives me the impression that they are holding money to gain interest, not for someone to "Check it" as surely this would make the money go through when someone checks it?

I'm sure they can't do this?  Fair enough if it was once in a while, but everytime?  Its out of order, I am taking this further with the correct authoroties as it seams to be a huge problem as I can see in the forum..

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

ENZO21174
Contributor
Contributor

I'VE TRIED TO TRANSFERFUNDS TO MY BANK TODAY. USUALLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES BUT AFTER 3 HOURS I RANG PAYPAL AND I WAS TOLD, NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. JUST A RANDOM CHECK. FOR WHAT? I'M OVERDRAWN AT MY BANK AND I'LL NOW INCUR BANK CHARGES FOR BEING OVERDRAWN. IF THE FUNDS APPEAR IN MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT THEY SHOULD BE OK TO TRANSFER, IT LET ME PAY FOR AN E BAY PURCHASE, THAT WASN'T PENDING. I'VE USED PAYPAL FOR YEARS AND THINK THIS IS DISGUSTING, IF I COULD FIND AN ALTERNATIVE I'D USE IT. THEY CHARGE ME FOR RECEIVING FUNDS, THEN SIT ON THE MONEY I WANT TO WITHDRAW, SURELY THIS MUST BE ILLEGAL???????????????

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

1. Its not illegal.

2. I'm afraid we all agreed to the payment holds when we signed the user agreement to set up a paypal account.

3. It also states in the user agreement that the 2 hour transfer is not guaranteed.

I tend to look at it that annoying though it is its doubtful I would have sold my items in the first place without paypal so I would rather wait 3 days and sell items that i don't want anymore than still have those items and no cash.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KeatJoe
Contributor
Contributor

I know, this is probably my 3rd year of using Paypal, and only within the past month has this happened, never before, I'm used to withdrawing money and it being in my account almost instantly, fair enough if it took 72 hours once, but four times?  Its out of order, if they need to do security checks, thats fair enough, but 4 times, on my last 4 payments?  Its out of order!  I need the money to post items for my buissness, that why I withdrew the money, With me offering 2 day delivery, and paypal holding my money for 3 days, it just reflects badly on me, when its not my fault..

Wish there was another similar service!  

Login to Me Too

AlphaCode
Contributor
Contributor

There are other, cheaper payment services, but eBay doesn't want you using them. If you use them, they might disagree with eBay's claims and not refund on demand. 

I had just won a claim a buyer had on my, and got my £2.70 back that I was refunded by a shop (I didn't ask for the money back and though I didn't get the colour I wanted I was happy and left poss-feedback), so I thought that it would be enough for a sandwich today as I don't get paid until tomorrow. Now its pending a review? A review of what? It was going into the account that has been attatched to PayPal for as long as I have been buying on eBay. What can they think on that. I swear its stupid, over £2.70!

Login to Me Too

marie32
Contributor
Contributor
I find it disgusting they hold into our money so long . I rang them friday as my funds from ebay where pending was told it would clear saturday and could transfer it to my bank account and that it would also clear saturday its monday today and its still pending . Rang paypal and spoke to a manager about this who told me quite rudely that they would use it as a training point but would do nothing about it . im outraged that they can spin you lies and get away with it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.