Pending Withdrawal

SeraRose01
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

for the first time this weekend I tried to withdraw some money (£90) and was hit with a pending withdrawal.  72 hours later, the withdrawal is cancelled (not by me).  I've tried to withdraw it again and get the same message regarding pending withdrawal and a possible 72 hour wait. 

I could cry.  I need this money.  I have no food left at home and don't get paid from my job until Thursday.  Why are paypal so happy to mess me about like this?

I can't phone them, as my phone is broken - and I get no response via email.  

What do I do?

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

SeraRose01
Contributor
Contributor

Btw, this is not the first time I've ever withdrawn funds from my paypal account.

Login to Me Too

SGM73

I spoke to Paypal this morning as I am in Spain and had to call Ireland, which cost me a fortune. I was also relying on a payment to pay for my hotel bill, which I can't now. I spoke to a 'robot' in customer services who said their computer systems crashed over the weekend and withdrawals weren't working.  He couldn't give any more information than that. Didn't know what was wrong, how long it would take to fix or how long the payments would take to go into people's accounts. 

They 'offered' a call back after I demanded one, but I have just missed a call which rang for 5 seconds then hung up when I answered, which was an unregistered 0843 number which won't accept incoming calls.  So they will now claim that I didn't pick up, even though I ran across the room to answer it and they hung up.

Paypal are incompetent.  I had problems with my last withdrawal too which took almost two weeks. Maybe they are having cashflow problems and can't pay their bills? Either way, like you I am **bleep**...  So angry with them right now and their unprofessional appalling service.  Funny that they never have problems taking money out, just paying what they owe...

Login to Me Too

SeraRose01
Contributor
Contributor

So, another 72 hour wait lies in front of me.  That will be 144 hours from the original request to withdraw.  I've contacted BBC Watchdog as I think they'd be interested in this situation.

Paypal don't respond at all to me.

Login to Me Too

SGM73

Hopefully it's just another 72 hours for you, but personally I wouldn't rely on anything they said as they make stuff up anyway. The people in customer services have zero information about when it will be fixed.

Login to Me Too

marif00878
Contributor
Contributor

i rung them, they said theyve no idea when it will be fixed but if you ring them they can you on a list and then will investigate your problem (apparantely) i just elected to have the withdrawal cancelled which can also take up to 72hrs but ive been assured it will happen a lot earlier....... 

Login to Me Too

i waited over 72 hours only to be told they will reverse themoney back into my balance and then for me to withdraw again only to be told another 72 hours complete **bleep** bandits

Login to Me Too

SGM73

If it takes 72 hours to cancel the withdrawal, then another 72 to withdraw it again, why cancel it as, it will be 6 days before you get paid? If they are working days, excluding weekends, then it would be a week tomorrow. Or are you saying the payments won't go through, therefore  you must cancel, so you did it now?

Sorry, but your answer confused me as I wasn't advised cancelling was an option that would speed it up, but you say it might?

Login to Me Too

as thats what i got told to do when speaking with paypal ,she reversed it on while i was on the phone then told me to withdraw as it would go into my bank as the money i had withdrawn was done over the weekend when there was a problem ,ive just now been told they dont know when it will go into my bank as they are having problems again

Login to Me Too

SeraRose01
Contributor
Contributor

I can't ring them as my phone is currently being repaired!  They are RUBBISH at communicating via email.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.