Pending Payments

dovestail
Contributor
Contributor

I recently went LTD from sole trader, so I set up a business bank account so everything is lejit and PayPal business account can be my holdings account.

SO I sent £5 to my business bank account to see how long it would take - it went in within a few hours.. so I sent over the larger sum. It took 20 hours. The person on the phone said I could check all pending payments on my end to see how long the pending payment is for - incorrect - they also said it was for security checks.. Then why did my first payment go in no problem.. I have (reluctantly) sent money into my business acount again and its been pending since it went in. I withdrew it on Friday the 22nd 8:30 BST so by my calculations, the 72 hours is up this morning, BUT it was weekend, are these counted in the 72 hours? 

This all seems like a massive ball ache to me and I might as well just use the paypal account as a business account and pay wages in there - or go with someone else! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dovestail

Withdrawals are 2-72 hours in the UK.

However if its going to be over 24 hours then normally you get an email to tell you and then its released dead on the 72 hour marker.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.