Paypal monies in pending for 21 days!!

janeactiderm
Contributor
Contributor

Firstly I am NOT a new ebayer or new on paypal - i also have 100% feedback on ebay.  Just because ive sold two items of high ish value they think its okay to put MY MONEY into pending.  One of these items was £3,000 new so im bu**ered if i'll send it before ive got my money.  Do Paypal think you sell things so you can look longingly at the money in your paypal balance?  Im furious as we're talking about over £800 here.  Have any of you had any success fighting this with Paypal and if so how?  I have sent numerous messages been on the phone to a selection of clueless cretins who just dont seem to care.  Ebay have told me that the payment has cleared at there end and as i have such a good seller feedback they agree this is out of order...yet cant do anything to help.  At my whits end and FURIOUS!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@janeactiderm

The hold applies to new sellers and if you suddenly have a change of selling history ie selling high cost items.

If you don't send the item then the buyer will probably file a dispute for non receipt of item > get their money back and then you risk worse problems.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

janeactiderm
Contributor
Contributor

ive sold ONE high cost item, we can hardly control how much things sell for.  another item went for £85 - hardly mega bucks.  ive given Paypal some time to send my money if they dont then i'll be starting legal proceedings as this is theft.  I havent ever agreed to them keeping my monies for this length of time.  its illegal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@janeactiderm

Good luck with that then, because you did authorise them to hold your funds when you joined paypal and ticked to agree to their user agreement.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.