Paypal EURO and STERLING balance - transfer to UK based currency accounts

b-c
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I manage my account and receive payments in EUR and GBP balances.

I also use a UK based bank account with STERLING currency account and EURO currency account.

My STERLING account is linked to my GBP balance in Paypal, so I can withdraw the GBP balance, but what about EURO ??

It has been said in this post : 

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Fees/Paying-money-to-a-Euro-account/td-p/253368

that I would be able to link my EURO currency account in a UK based bank to my EURO balance in Paypal,

so I would be able to withdraw the EUR balance directly to the EUR currency account.

However how to link these accounts and verify the euro currency account if I can only receive the verification 

deposits in GBP ??

As Paypal says the 2 small verification deposits are only sent in GBP, so if I link my EUR account, these deposits

will most probably fail, correct ?? 

Or is there any other way to do this ?

thanks

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I think the easiest way would be to convert your euros to pounds and then withdraw to your bank account.

If you go to your paypal account next and along same line as the words paypal balance is the words currency converter.

You can work out how much to convert and then they is an exchange where you can exchange it to pounds. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

b-c
Contributor
Contributor

You could do that, but you will loose money on the conversion rate from EUR to GBP..

I am trying to avoid this..

Login to Me Too

dmathieu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi b-c

I have the same problem as you.  So fare, nobody was able to help me with that problem.

Your last comment was on the 21 March 2012.

Did you find as solution yet?

Login to Me Too

moDecor
Contributor
Contributor

I have same problem as well, 

I tried to add EURO Bank account but paypal is not authorizing the EURO Bank account number ?

Does any one have similar issue ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can only add a UK bank account to a UK paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

moDecor
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for quick reply,

dear i tried many times to add a EURO bank account, but paypal does not allow to add Euro account, 

I contacted paypal support many times but never get any satisfactory response. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

A euro bank account is not a UK bank account is it??

If you have a UK paypal account and i presume you have as you are posting on the UK boards then you have to add a UK bank account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

moDecor
Contributor
Contributor

Euro account is UK Bank Account ( HSBC, London ) 

Login to Me Too

tjb1
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to do the same with a  US dollar balance into my uk bank us dollar account. Paypal say that because I am registered in the UK the system assumes I have a sterling account and will convert the transfer into pounds even though it is going to a UK bank US dollar account which is registered as my primary bank account with Paypal. Ridiculous! So the only way you can get non sterling currency balances out of your paypal account is to convert them to sterling and lose out on the currency conversion. About time Paypal joined the real world of people living in one country but having a foreign currency bank accounts

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.