Payment on hold, buyer happy with items

ozsubrosa
Contributor
Contributor

I have received positive feedback (and numerous friendly messages) from the buyer of two of my items but the payment is still being held. The problem, I suspect, is that Paypal has a tracking number for the items that is incorrect. I don't know how these numbers got there and can't remove them. Ebay has the correct tracking numbers which confirm the items were delivered and signed for. The RM tracking shows the signature. Repeating myself, both items have positive feedback for me. However, in Paypal, clicking on "track my delivery" brings up spurious numbers that have nothing to do with it and launches an error message from the RM website.

The delivery method was chosen and organized by the buyer; maybe the strange numbers got in that way, I don't know. I can't get rid of them and have to sit around for weeks to get the money for the items the buyer is perfectly happy with.

Any tips for removing these false tracking numbers? I've asked the buyer if he can find some way of indicating to Paypal that he's happy but, apart from having posted +ve f/b on ebay, he can't see what else he can do.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ozsubrosa

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.

Feedback does not count for payment release.
Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.
https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?query=1746

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ozsubrosa
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but the tracking numbers on ebay are correct (I entered them myself) and the ones on Paypal have come from nowhere. Is there any way to have the Paypal tracking numbers removed? At best, they're useless and, at worst, they might be indicating somewhere in a system that the items aren't delivered.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.