PayPal taken money from my account twice!

Rpswilson
New Community Member
I paid for flight tickets for me and three friends which totalled £699 so £175 each. All my friends transferred me £175 for their ticket. PayPal has taken this total amount of £699 TWICE out of my bank account which has now left me with a negative balance on my bank account which comes with a charge of £5 a day. I am a full time student and therefore this has left me completely broke. There are two transactions: the first transaction shows as ‘complete’ on my PayPal activity which is 4 seperate transactions of £175 being taken out seperately for each plane ticket. There is however another second transaction of the full amount of £699 which is in ‘pending’ transactions, yet that total amount of money has also come out of my account again and has been deducted from my available balance. I have contacted the airline and they have informed me that they have only received one payment for the tickets and there is nothing they can do about the other transaction. So I am -£500 with no idea of where the rest of my money is? Can someone please help. If I wait too long the charges for being overdrawn will just keep coming.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rpswilson

Are there 1 or 2 transactions showing in your paypal account activity history?

If only 1 is showing then contact your bank and they should be able to release the pending funds back to your account if they are not going to be used.

But your best bet is to phone customer services first to check it has gone through x2 before you do anything.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.
When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".
In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.