PayPal pending withdrawals - Post Here - March 2013

Temp20220728H

Lets start a new Topic, maybe a PayPal mod will read it and make it a sticky or maybe they will just ban me.

Loads of withdrawal pending topics and volunteer advisors on here incorrectly informing people.

"It can take 2hrs to 4 days depending on the bank*", IS ONLY APPLICABLE IF IT HAS COMPLETED ON PAYPAL

I believe there are a few reasons for delays... this is because PayPal.....

1) ...want to keep your money as long as they can so they can earn as much interest as possible (Imagine the interest of 1million £10 withdrawals)

2) ...RANDOMLY review against fraudulent activy (99 out of 100 seem to be review not so random really)

3) ...are launching their Pre-Paid Mastercard to all UK accounts very soon. Delaying Bank withdrawals will push people to get a Pre-Paid Mastercard so they can access their PayPal money instantly, Increasing PayPal's market share in the Pre-Paid Card industry.

All unethical, All slightly fraudulent. But then WTF can one do, the biggest online marketplace is eBay and it is a requirement to accept PayPal on most sales.

Anyway, I believe it can take 4 days to complete on PayPal and upto 4 days to appear in your bank. Or if your really unlucky your account could be limited and you have to wait 180 days.

I LOVE PAYPAL AND ESPECIALLY THE JOYS OF HAVING TO BE A PAYPAL CUSTOMER AS THERE REALLY ISNT MUCH CHOICE IN THE MATTER IF YOU SELL ON EBAY! JUST LIKE YOU WON'T HAVE A CHOICE BUT TO GET A PAYPAL MASTERCARD IF YOU WANT YOUR MONEY OUT QUICKLY.

I think everyone should start posting their experiences on here so feel free to reply, this should then increase media awareness and maybe PayPal will stop their fraudulent activity because of more bad media attention.... actually they wont give a flying f**k and why should they. Lets all go back to doing car boot sales.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

mertle
Contributor
Contributor

well it is 21 days now, ALL positive feedback, which has been there for 2 weeks! and STILL NO MONEY!! so can someone explain how they get away with this? and tell me why it is STILL pending? this is a form of theft in my opinion! so come on paypal, lets see things put right forthwith,you have held my money 21 days as stated, i have had nothing but excellent feedback, so whats your problem??????

Login to Me Too

soozie1964
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

1st post on here...so glad I read through these posts.

I only came on to see how to transfer money from my PayPal into a new bank account. !! SO GLAD I did !!  This looks horrendous !!

Needless to say, I won't be bothering now :o(...

Pity, all I wanted to do was put a portion of my sales money into my savings account, so it doesn't just get 'swallowed up' on anything else, or just sitting in PayPal..ho hum...will have to think of something else :o( ...

Appreciate the forum and everyones experiences.....good advice. Thank you.

Sooz 🐵

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.