PayPal funds

overlooked237
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I have a question that I wasn't going to bother to ask but I have been asked to fill out a survey and I want to be honest, so here I go.

I had funds in my PayPal account which nearly covered the full amount of my purchase, I wanted the rest to come out of my bank account. I received a text from my bank telling me that I had gone overdrawn. When I checked my PayPal account the money was still in there. I had to transfer the money to my bank account to cover the money that had gone out, this was not a problem but I wondered what had gone wrong so I rang PayPal. I was told that because the money had not been in my PayPal funds at the time of the purchase they were not able to take the money. The purchase I made was a (pay after delivery) purchase and the money was in my PayPal account days before it was due to come out.

Is this true?

Do I need Funds in my PayPal account in order for it to be taken out of there first?

Hope you can clear that up for me.

Thanks.

Stephen.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

overlooked237
Contributor
Contributor

Very good of you to get back to me so quickly. It wasn't explained to me that way. From the way it was explained I was under the impression that it was any purchase. I thought it a little strange but I have come away from it a little bit wiser.

I will know for next time

Many thanks.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@overlooked237

As pay after delivery is a scheduled payment it can ONLY be taken from your bank account and paypal will never use funds in your paypal account balance..

If you want to use funds in your balance then you need to turn OFF PAD.

>>> From paypal  >>>

www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/pay-after-delivery-terms

• If You select PAD as the payment method, the entire transaction amount will be funded from the primary bank account linked to your PayPal account, even if You have a balance in this PayPal account, except where there are insufficient available funds in the primary bank account. You authorise PayPal to submit an instruction to debit from your primary bank account the amount of the transaction, and to re-submit this instruction if the initial debit is rejected or if insufficient funds are available.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

overlooked237
Contributor
Contributor

Very good of you to get back to me so quickly. It wasn't explained to me that way. From the way it was explained I was under the impression that it was any purchase. I thought it a little strange but I have come away from it a little bit wiser.

I will know for next time

Many thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@overlooked237

Your welcome, good that someone that does not work for paypal (me) gave you the correct answer than the idiot from customer services   !!!

Might have been nice to have marked one of my posts as having given you the solution though rather than your own  Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

overlooked237
Contributor
Contributor

I'm so sorry, I thought that's what I was doing when I put down resolved. You were a great help and I have put in survey that you helped.

Thanks again.xx

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.