PAYPAL COMMITTING FRAUD BY HOLDING CUSTOMERS MONEY

bigtidyup
Contributor
Contributor

READ THE BOARDS.

Something is clearly going on at the moment during the splitting of paypal and ebay companies.

Paypal is employing various tactics to HOLD on to its customers money. This is ILLEGAL in the UK.

I used to work for Barclays.

Multiple regulations are being broken right now from the posts on this board.

I have been trying to add a uk bank to my account to be able to withdraw funds for 3 WEEKS!!!

Cant get through by phone. No response to messages.

I would urge people to do as I just have and contact you local trading standards office and report Fraud being comitted by Paypal on your account if you have any of these issues.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

bigtidyup
Contributor
Contributor

Link to UK Finacial Ombudsman to make a complaint against Paypal :

http://financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

1. Why can't you get through by phone? I tried this morning and had no problems.

2. Sorry but it can't be fraud if its in the user agreement and that agreement has been approved by the FSA.

3. If you are trying to add your bank account have you tried sending them a message via twitter or facebook, they seem to respond much more quickly on there.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bigtidyup
Contributor
Contributor

I dont use twitter or facebook.

You can get through because you are STAFF that means nothing.

I have been trying for 3 weeks.... Using Paypal is turning into a RIDICULOUS JOKE!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I guess you don't understand what the word "volunteer" means.

Of course I am not staff. Advisers on here are just ebay sellers that give up their time to help folks out.

It takes seconds to open a facebook account then you can post your message and close it again once you have got a reply if you want to.

If i was staff i would be able to view your account and answer your problem, but i can't.

Staff have the word MODERATOR AND PAYPAL under their usernames.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

WarriorsBAM
New Community Member

This has been happening to me as well - every time I call there are long silences on the phone between menu items and there is no one picking up.

Sent my last email 5 days ago and still no reply.

It would help if they got rid of the automted emails because I've already gone through all of the solutions on the website.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

WarriorsBAM

Emailing them is pretty useless, much better to >>>

Contact Customer Services via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.