Money Hasn't been transferred from my bank.

Skidd17
New Community Member

It's the 5th buisness day today and paypal still hasn't transferred the money from my bank! Why does it have to take 3-5 buisness days in the first place? Should I expect my money to arrive?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Assuming you have successfully linked and confirmed your bank account, yes, you should receive the money.  There's no exact reason as each bank is different. PayPal handles transfer withdraw requests in batch's, same as the banks do, which can sometimes add to the the delay, then as each bank is different as to how they respond to the request, that can add additional time.  Each bank has their own processing schedule so the process is not entirely controlled by PayPal.   For example, we average 2 days, once in a while 3 days.   PayPal states the time can vary from 2 hours to 4 days on average, sometimes it takes longer than 4 days.  Personally, we never seen nor hear of the processing taking 2 hours but, who knows.

Login to Me Too

Robberz
Contributor
Contributor

@snowshoe wrote:

Assuming you have successfully linked and confirmed your bank account, yes, you should receive the money.  There's no exact reason as each bank is different. PayPal handles transfer withdraw requests in batch's, same as the banks do, which can sometimes add to the the delay, then as each bank is different as to how they respond to the request, that can add additional time.  Each bank has their own processing schedule so the process is not entirely controlled by PayPal.   For example, we average 2 days, once in a while 3 days.   PayPal states the time can vary from 2 hours to 4 days on average, sometimes it takes longer than 4 days.  Personally, we never seen nor hear of the processing taking 2 hours but, who knows.

How is this? I have been researching this very subject this evening and read reems and reems of comments from people saying they get there money within minutes of withdrewing now! unless it gets pulled for security checks, which from what iv read normally is only 24 hours!

I have just asked why I seem to have a different paypal to everyone else as I dont get a message telling me whether its going to be 2 hours or 72 hours! I have requested 2 withdrewals one on the 25th and 1 tonight and I just received the normal confirmation email! 

Iv been reading that sinse the change if your money does not hit your account instantly and has been pulled for a check you get an email saying so, well iv had no such email nor do I seem to have this new system. Everything seems the same as it did 2 years ago when I used to have paypal ( I cancelled my account 2 years ago and only recently come back)

So how is it that some people seem to be able to get there money instantly and others dont and to add insult to injury because of this update paypal have removed the option to pay £5 so us unlucky ones have no way to avoid this unjustifed long wait! The way banking is done now there is no excuse to hold my money for 3 days! unless its been pulled to be put in the interest pulling pot! As when paypal tell me "We are holding YOUR money to ensure its safe!" Um excuse me, You have already done the nessesry security checks to confirm the account is mine so why do you need to hold my money? I also have never heard of any of theses held funds not being released! Also I have no idea why they hold it? As again the account has already been verified by paypal themselves! 

Sorry this is why I left the first time as paypal seem to be a law on to there own! They held £5000 of mine for 3 months even after me sending in proof that the money was legitimate! No appology nor did I get any interest I lost! Its plain wrong!

@snowshoe wrote:

Login to Me Too

That's a lie already spoke to many many banks the moment it leaves your account paypal has it within a half hr that's from any bank in North America. They hold your money as well as everyone's in an account to gain interest before accrediting it to your account so they make money off your money. It's shady as **bleep** but that's what's going on I been waiting 6 days since the money was transfered and nothing yet and this is why. Nothing but false advertising and misleading information. Worst company of all time.
Login to Me Too

DevonWriters
Contributor
Contributor

My bank shows money leaving for my PayPal; account on 20 December - 10 days ago - and yet my PayPal account still stands at zero. This is now worrying and I can find no way of contacting PayPal direct to find out what is goin on.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Takes 5-7 days to transfer from your bank account to your paypal account.

And its easy to contact paypal just click on the words contact us at the bottom of every paypal page.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DevonWriters
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks - I'll do that.

Login to Me Too

More misinformation and lies lmao pick one you guys says 3-5 days on the phone now you say 5-7 lol the lies keep adding up here pathetic
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.