Missing Money when trying to verify bank account

Tyranade
Contributor
Contributor

So I rang up to add my new bank account to my Paypal account and it all went well over the phone. Now after that a couple of days later it asked me to verify my bank account so I tried to do that and £1 was taken out of my account dropping my bank account balance by £1 and I had no charge on my bank account that I could get this verification code from to verify my bank account and the money was not in my paypal account. 

Now I just tried it again and my account is now down £2 with no transaction history showing up on my bank account and the money is not in my paypal account at all.

I would like to get my money back ASAP.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Tyranade
Contributor
Contributor

http://puu.sh/igm1l/ebf5ab0450.png

I lost £1 from my bank account every time I tried to do this. It had something to do with settings up the Direct Debit instruction.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi Tyranade,
Welcome to our community page 🙂
This sounds strange. I wonder if you have added a card on to your account as we do have a process in place called ‘’Temporary Authorisation Charge’’. Whenever you add or edit a card on your PayPal account, a temporary authorisation charge of £1 is made to verify that the card is active and capable of funding your payments. It's essentially a test charge, and it's a standard industry procedure.
This charge usually reversed within few days but in very rare occasions it may take up to 30 days, depending on your card issuer.
Have a great weekend.
Arda

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.