Linking UK bank account to US PayPal

Curtis91
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have a question regarding linking my UK bank account to a new US Paypal account. I am traveling to the united states and intend to set up a US Paypal account and want to link it to my UK bank account. I have been told this is possible if I call and ask to have this done. I am wondering tho is it possible to then use a PayPal debit card and withdraw money via ATM's etc and would this come at any cost? Also what way will tranfering my money from my UK bank account to my US Paypal work, is it a simple tranfer into my wallet?

Thanks in advance for any help
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Curtis91

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

The only exception is U.S users can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts and Canadian users can add a US bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Curtis91
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for your response, so if i was to be living there for a year or so and had an address etc would i be able to link my UK bank account to a US paypal account?

Cheers

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Curtis91

Did you actually read the bit that i underlined?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nattyleecarter
New Community Member

Hi

So if we hold an american Paypal account and we live outside that was incorrect to setup in the first place? I have the same issue. I want funds from Paypal to be withdrawn into a UK account but my current paypal.com account wont allow that? So if I have to set up a UK paypal account which website would I then need to use to set it up? I already have one paypal account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.