I need a card for paying cash into my PayPal account from any UK post office counter

bittyboy101
Contributor
Contributor
  1. Hi Folks,

I am wondering how I can go on about getting a PayPal debit card? (their pre paid Mastercard)

It just says online that PayPal offer their members a business Master debit card and because I am not a business I am worried  that they will not allow me to apply for their debit card.

My bank is Lloyds Bank and I have had a Visa debit card from them every 3 years since 2004 with no problem, I am sure that PayPal would let me apply for their debit card because I have had my PayPal account since 2007 and my account is in very good standing order.

They have also given me their "Pay After Delivery" privledge which has been a godsend! for the last 3 years and I have always made sure that every transaction where Pay After Delivery has been used has been fully paid after the 2 weeks from the date of purchase when PayPal come to debit my bank account for their money.

Right now, I am having a very hard time getting to the bank as I live in a small town in North West England and Lloyds Bank have decided to close my branch (in July 2016) and now the next branch of their's is 12 miles away in another town (Chester city centre), I am not always able to always find a parking space to stop without getting a parking ticket!! and if I cannot get to the bank to deposit any money when needed, I will be charged an overdraft fee of £19.99 a day by the bank which is not very nice. 

Now, you are all most probably wondering why do I want a PayPal debit card?

Answer:  I want a debit card for PayPal mainly to be able to deposit money into my PayPal account from any Post Office and then transfer it directly to my bank account as soon as I get home and get online.

If I had a PayPal debit card, I can just go to any local Post Office, use my PayPal debit card to pay the money into my PayPal account and then transfer the required amount of money online from my PayPal account to my Lloyds Bank account instantly without having to drive 12 miles to the next available Lloyds branch to pay in to my bank.

Is there anyway I can get a debit card for paying money directly into a PayPal account???

Also the reason that I want a card for PayPal is because I have noticed that whenever I sell something on eBay and get paid, when I transfer the money to my bank from my PayPal balance the money appears in my Lloyds bank account within 2 minutes which I really like! (instead of having to wait 4-5 working days) - This is 100% ideal if I need to get some money over to the bank in a absolute HURRY! 

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you can give me.   

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

bittyboy101
Contributor
Contributor

Bump!

Does anyone know of a card that allows you to pay directly in to a PayPal account from the Post Office??????????

Thank You.

Login to Me Too

bittyboy101
Contributor
Contributor

Why does PayPal have such a problem with you paying cash in to your PayPal account balance via debit card or other instant payment source?

All I and 1000's of other people want to do is to be able to add funds/cash to our PayPal accounts INSTANTLY without having to wait 5-7 working days to do it from the bank and drain our bank accounts in the process! when some of us already have spare cash that is independent of the bank accounts and we just would like to be able to upload it intantly to our PayPal balances via debit cards / prepaid  cards. 

Why have PayPal made it so hard to be  able to just pay money into your PayPal account just like you would pay money into a bank account or building society account???????????????

The only way round this problem is to just request the desired funds from another email address you have (other than the one registered to your PayPal account) and then send a money request to the other email address (not your own PayPal email address), Then open the email that PayPal has sent to the other email address requesting the money and then use a debit card or credit card to send the requested payment over to my own PayPal account, I guess this would techincally work but will attract a small fee to receive the funds INSTANTLY into my PayPal account which I don't mind paying if I wanted to top up my PayPal account balance WITHOUT HAVING TO WAIT THE AWFUL 5-7 WORKING DAYS! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.