Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thisisbecky

You firstly did not view your limits before starting to sell and your first item was not only for a very large amount (which is unusual for a first sale) BUT also put you in one step above the limit you are allowed to receive before money laundering laws kick in.

This is not a paypal decision but European LAW.

Secondly if you are posting to Twitter then they have thousands of posts and you don't get an instant reply, you have to sometimes wait a few days.

Thirdly if you ended the auction and then sent an invoice then you broke ebay rules by advertising on there and then selling privately.

You also opened yourself up to a load of scammers that send you spoof emails that look as if they are from paypal but are not to get you to send the item so it looks as if you have been paid............they target high cost items and always ask you to end the auction and sell privately.

So already you have listed a very expensive item and sold it OVER your limit allowance, you then do a refund and list it again on ebay, you then cancel the auction to sell privately and wonder why paypal sees all this as suspicious ???

I personally think its good their security kicked in to check you out and make sure you were a genuine seller AND to check out your buyer as well.

As for your withdrawal in the UK it takes from 2-72 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thisisbecky

You firstly did not view your limits before starting to sell and your first item was not only for a very large amount (which is unusual for a first sale) BUT also put you in one step above the limit you are allowed to receive before money laundering laws kick in.

This is not a paypal decision but European LAW.

Secondly if you are posting to Twitter then they have thousands of posts and you don't get an instant reply, you have to sometimes wait a few days.

Thirdly if you ended the auction and then sent an invoice then you broke ebay rules by advertising on there and then selling privately.

You also opened yourself up to a load of scammers that send you spoof emails that look as if they are from paypal but are not to get you to send the item so it looks as if you have been paid............they target high cost items and always ask you to end the auction and sell privately.

So already you have listed a very expensive item and sold it OVER your limit allowance, you then do a refund and list it again on ebay, you then cancel the auction to sell privately and wonder why paypal sees all this as suspicious ???

I personally think its good their security kicked in to check you out and make sure you were a genuine seller AND to check out your buyer as well.

As for your withdrawal in the UK it takes from 2-72 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.