How to use funds in Paypal account?

Lyndsay
New Community Member

Hi guys,

I know this is probably a silly question but how do I use funds in my Paypal account to buy something online? Is it automatically transferred when I pay by Paypal so instead of paying from my bank account the money is taken from my Paypal account? Also can I use it on Amazon?

Thanks to anyone taking the time to answer,

Lyndsay.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Lyndsay,

Not a silly question at all!

Yes when you have a balance and you complete a payment the funds are automatically taken from your PayPal balance. If you do not have sufficient funds to cover the whole transaction amount the remainder is taken from your bank account.

Also, it is not possible to use your PayPal balance on Amazon.

Hope this helps!

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

LorenaMilP
New Community Member

I just paid for something using my paypal - where I have funds - however it was immediately charged to my credit card.

How can i use MY paypal funds¿

Login to Me Too

rudolphd
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem, I have $15 on may paypal account, I made a payment for $9 and it took money off my credit card..

Jan 1, 2015   Transfer From: Credit Card    CompletedYour transfer from your credit card to your PayPal account is complete.

Your transfer from your credit card to your PayPal account is complete.

Details Transfer From Credit Card 3WY99872L9299781W   $9.00 USD

How to change my payment method ? I only have credit card showing there.

What's the point of having paypal if I can't use my funds on the paypal account ?

I also have this message when I received payment from a customer:

"Because you have recently started to sell with PayPal, payments you receive will be temporarily placed in your pending balance for up to 21 days. For more information, please go to the"

Login to Me Too

nazie12
New Community Member

How exactly do you do this without transferring the money to your bank account or withrawing it via check or to a card. I want to spend it straight off my Account.

Login to Me Too

warezaholic
Contributor
Contributor

Question:  Why When-

I have $$$ in my PayPal but when I buy something on eBay, it bypasses that PayPal $ and it goes into my Bank account and debits the full amount!

I don;t want to wait a full 1/2 days to send the $ back to my bank to use it for online shopping!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi warezaholic,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

We would really need to know what country your PayPal Account is located in. Some country functions on PayPal will not allow the balance to be used as a funding source and all payments must be funded by a bank or card.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.