How do I cancel a withdrawal from a bank account?

Hillzi
New Community Member

Hello,

I recently tried to withdraw £40 from my bank account, but I didnt realise I didn't have the funds.

PayPal has taken the money I did have in my account out, leaving my overdrawn!

How can I stop this and get the money I did have in my account, back?

I have spoken to my bank who have stopped it susposedly. but its still saying "Pending" in the overview of my account.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi Hillzi,

If you have initiated a transaction that you do not have the funds in your bank for it is your banks decision as to whether they will pay the transaction or not. If your bank denies the transaction then we will try to capture the funds from your back up funding source which would be your registered credit or debit card. If we still do not get the funds from your back up funding source we will then take your account in to a minus balance.

Also if your bank has paid the transaction it means that the funds have been completed for your item. The only way to have them funds returned would be to request your seller to refund the payment and withdraw the funds to your bank account.

I would suggest that you review your PayPal account to see if the payment has failed or completed. If the status is still showing as pending then we may be still awaiting notification from your bank to see if the funds are available.

I hope this helps,

Paula

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.