Exchangeable coupons and other tokens from vendors.

mijudesign
New Community Member

I would like to offer an idea to Paypal and thought it would be ok to post the idea in this community page. 

In this modern age we have already become accustomed to virtual currency, wallets and virtual coins. I wanted to add to this the possibility of vendors issuing vouchers and discount coupons that stay inside your Paypal account just like a currency. 

Just as I have the choice of using my bank account, credit card, paypal balance, I might also have the option of using my voucher and applying it to my purchase. Similarly, I might send or trade my voucher with someone else. 

Creating exchangeable value out of vouchers or coupons is no different to money itself. The main advantage here is that it costs nothing to manufacture and allows the vendor to geomap there marketing campaigns, track the rate of conversion, look at the impact areas and possible demographic data (if allowed). 

Similarly, the same can be done with event tickets and other forms of convertible credential. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi mijudesign and welcome, 

This sounds like an interesting idea. I will pass this on the the relevant team for you. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.