Every single time I withdraw it pends for 72 hours

Ray0408
Contributor
Contributor
No matter the quantity, be it £5 or £300 why does PayPal withhold my money for 72 hours? Its really becoming annoying, whats the point in using PayPal if I can only access the money 3days later. My account is verified with my name bank details and address, its also over 2years old. I thought these 'pending' was suppose to be random, it happens to most of the people I know and every single time for me. Its obvious PayPal hold money for the sole reason to gain interest, not 'security concerns'. If it was a fairly new account or one with inconsistent information its understandable but now its just becoming too much of a hassle. Unless PayPal can provide a proper and reasonable explanation for these I may have to start using another company, somewhere where I can access MY money instantly.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ray0408

Emailing is pretty much a waste of time as you tend to get generic rubbish back again.

Your best bet is to phone them  >>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ray0408

Well why not ask them?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ray0408
Contributor
Contributor
I always get the same generic bs with them, that its an 'internal security system review' and can happen for 'various reasons'. Money goes into my PayPal account under a minute yet withdrawing takes 3 days, literally what use is PayPal for me if that happens every time. Any idea how I can talk to someone 'higher up' to see whats goinf on? Its like I always get a copy and pasted reply off their website from support who dont care or its just a automatic system response.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ray0408

Emailing is pretty much a waste of time as you tend to get generic rubbish back again.

Your best bet is to phone them  >>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ray0408
Contributor
Contributor
Cheers, will do when I have the time. Its gone on far too long for me to just accept it as 'one of those things'.
Login to Me Too

McZigger
Contributor
Contributor

@Ray0408 wrote:
Cheers, will do when I have the time. Its gone on far too long for me to just accept it as 'one of those things'.

Hi

I have a few hints at speeding up the review process or avoiding it altogether.

It seems that paypal will definately trigger a review if one of the following is true.

EBAY

Your buyer has any negative feedback or is new.

You are new or have limited selling experience, or neg. feedback.

General

The value you are transacting is unusual for your account.

You have changed your Bank or card details.

Location of login: If you are using multiple devices to manage your paypal account or you don't have a fixed IP this can trigger a review. (Avoid this by managing your paypal from one device, pref. with a fixed IP)

This list may not be fully inclusive. So don't take this a law, I just find that generally I do not have issues with held payments if the above triggers are not met.

Hope this helps

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@McZigger

All those apply to RECEIVING paypal payments that are then held.

They have nothing to do with ''withdrawing'' the funds and getting a 72 hour review which is what the original poster is talking about.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

McZigger
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@McZigger

All those apply to RECEIVING paypal payments that are then held.

They have nothing to do with ''withdrawing'' the funds and getting a 72 hour review which is what the original poster is talking about.

Yup, That is what I'm talking about.

i.e.

Withdraw £200 from paypal then put in pending for 72 hours before releasing to your bank. If the mention criteria above is triggered this is what will happen.

But really if anyone is having this issue repeatedly then a call to Paypal is the best idea. They will explain why this is happening on your account. If you are just given limited information, ask to speak to someone higher up.

Normally only takes about 10mins of your time.

There maybe a reason, that you can get lifted. But if you don't call then you will never really know why this is happening. Therefore you will keep getting these Security reviews.

This happened to me and it was simply that I transfered the money using the mobile app, when I normally use my PC.

The reasons stated in my original post are ALL reasons why withdrawals can be pushed through 72 Security review.

This is just from my own experience.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.