Emails ignored after initial webform response

imagemodeuk
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a webform request for information about a limitation on my account, Received a response with a reference number.

The response was a totally irrelevant standard email.

I replied with more details. No response I replied with even more details. Still no response. It is now 2 weeks.

Problem: My balance showing on the "New" activity page is 0.00. My balance showing on the Classic History Page is over 1,000 pounds, which is correct, but when I try to withdraw to my bank account from that page it tells me I have no balance to withdraw.

It seems that nobody at PayPal wants to answer emails even though they promise a response "usually within 24 hours".

1. I have passed every verification requirement.
2. I have provided easily verified information proving the legitimacy of the payments that have been sent to my PayPal account.
3. My funds have been held for more than twice the 21 day period with no explanation other than the totally irrelevant standard responses that assume that every user who receives payments must be an eBay seller.
4. I am being ignored.
5. I am not a vendor on eBay or other selling site.
6. I am not happy.
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Go and click on the "manage currencies" section as this has happened to quite a few people.

You can access it quickly via clicking on this ">" icon to the right of paypal balance.

Add the currency you want to accept to your paypal account and the funds should then show up (even if you have to add sterling).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

imagemodeuk
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help. It worked, but only after I managed ot work out the user unfriendly process.

The frustrating part is that my emails in reply to the initial response email were ignored. This seems to stem from use of an autoresponder system that does not allow for any PayPal client who does not sell on eBay or other platforms, but why are responses ignored?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

no idea sorry, I don't work for paypal, I am off sick from work and spend time helping out here.

You would need to contact customer services on that one. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

imagemodeuk
Contributor
Contributor

It worked last time, but this time nothing happens. Sterling appears as my Primary currency, although I receive funds in US$.

Surely having done this once the currency change should be automatic?

The balance shown is only  a few dollars, not the larger amount that I received in US$ on 1st October. I have now had several similar transactions, and have explained my circumstances in detail to customer support who only answer with totally irrelevant standard emails.

How do I get customer support to actually read an email?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi imagemodeuk,

So sorry to hear about the issues you've been encountering with the balance on your account.

In order to have each of your questions full addressed, I would encourage you to contact Customer Support directly by phone, as it can take a long time to get a response to emails at times.

You can find our contact details by clicking on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any page when logged in. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook (www.facebook.com/PayPalUK) or Twitter (@AskPayPal) for assistance.

Thanks in advance,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

imagemodeuk
Contributor
Contributor

I got a pleasant surprise when I went to repeat the process yet again. My account now converts my US$ balance to Sterling.... when the funds are eventually cleared for me to access.

I then got an unpleasant surprise (well maybe I shouldn't be surprised) to find that my funds are still being held for over a month before being made available.

One day when I have plenty of time to spare I might call customer support to explain why the funds should not be held. This is despite the fact that the webform response invited me to reply. Here is a cut and paste:" If this didn't help you, please reply to this email with as much information as possible and we'll do our best to get back to you as soon as we can."

I responded in detail on 4th Sept, but still no reply after 2 months! It seems that there are some words missing after "...we'll do our best to get back to you as soon as we can."    They should add:    "........be bothered. After all, you are only a customer of ours"

Login to Me Too

imagemodeuk
Contributor
Contributor

The telephone support is a pain. I pay by the minute and spend too much time doing so. If someone can answer the phone, why can't they answer an email?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.