Do i have to complete the bank setup to be able to withdraw money from paypal into my bank account?

StephenMcVicar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i sent money from paypal to my bank account on the 9th of July, it is now the 24th of july and i am yet to recieve the money. The status says completed. Do i have to complete the bank set up before the money can go through?

Thanks

Stephen.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

StephenMcVicar
Contributor
Contributor

I can see from other posts that there seems to be a lot of people not recieving payments. Can anyone explain? Im a bit lost.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there StephenMcVicar,

It's not a requirement for you to have a confirmed bank account in order to be able to transfer money from your PayPal account to your bank account. You only need a confirmed bank account in order to be able to fund payments from your bank account through your PayPal account.

If you have initiated a withdrawal recently on your PayPal account to your bank account, you should try contacting your bank directly in order to determine if the funds have been received. If not, then you would need to contact us directly once 30 days has passed and we can initiate a trace on the transaction for you.

We would also need to see a statement of the last 30 days in order to confirm that the funds have not been received. You can fax the statement with a cover sheet including your name, email address, phone number and a brief description advising that your withdrawal hasn't been received. This can be faxed directly to 08707 303 190 and we would then be able to assist you further.

Please let me know how you get on.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.