Connecting my Romanian bank account/card to my Romanian PayPal account

meetmyfuture
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys.

I have recently created a new PayPal account in Romania, since I moved back to this country. I'm trying to

connect it to the newly created Romanian bank account (UniCredit bank) but unfortunately the only option

I have is to link it to a US bank account/card.

I have found the alternative to fund a romanian PayPal account via https://www.paypal-topup.ro/, but unfortunately

my bank is not on the approved list.

May I ask how can I connect my bank to my PayPal account, both being located, as mentioned above, in Romania?

Thank you in advance;

Laurence

PS: I was able to do the same thing for my Czech PayPal account, which I successfully connected to my Czech

UniCredit bank account.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@meetmyfuture

You can't add a bank account in your country you can only add a credit / debit or prepaid card.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@meetmyfuture

You can't add a bank account in your country you can only add a credit / debit or prepaid card.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

meetmyfuture
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your quick reply.

Unfortunately my new credit card won't activate unless I deposit some money into my account.

And right now, the only money I can deposit is in my other Paypal account.

I'm basically stuck in a loop.

It would be amazing if I could send money from my other PayPal account to my bank account directly,

without having to link the bank account to my PayPal account.

Unfortunately, I presume, there's no way around it.

Thank you again,

Laurence

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@meetmyfuture

Can you send the funds in your other paypal balance to a mate who does have a linked card and can withdraw them and pass on cash to you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

meetmyfuture
Contributor
Contributor

Hi and thanks so much for your reply.

Fortunately, there's no need for that. The reason for not working was that my newly created account wasn't active yet and perhaps PayPal wouldn't consider it. Last week I funded the account and today I was able to successfully link the new debit card

with my PayPal account. Waiting for my confirmation code from PayPal and in a couple of days I'll be all set.

Thanks so much for all your help and advice. It really helped tremendously.

Have a cool day!

Laurence

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.