Cant pay unless i have credit/debit card connected?

Astephos
New Community Member

Hello, I recentley recieved a payment from a family member to my paypal and i dont have a bank account or credit/debit card connected because I am too untrusted to have that information because I am 14, but when i tried adding some of these funds to my service of choice (Steam) i was unabl to because it said "Please add a debit or credit card to complete your purchase." and i was confused because i thought i would be able to just add the funds because they were in my paypal account. It is not because i tried adding more than what i had because i have £30.00 and i tried adding £10.00 and also im not over the sspending limit because this is the first time i have tried to remove money from paypal to put towards something.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You are not allowed to have a paypal account until you are 18.

You can't use funds in your paypal balance unless you have a back up card linked to your paypal account as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

satirem8
Contributor
Contributor

I also have this issue and have been using paypal for 3 years now without having this problem, i also haven't got a card on my paypal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@satirem8

For ''virtual'' transactions and to mitigate risk on high value transactions they ask for a card to be added.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

satirem8
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a plane ticket with my paypal the day before yesterday...then i couldnt order a t shirt or send money to someone.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.