Cant Withdraw money from my Paypal balance( Georgia)

Coolman
Contributor
Contributor

Dear ppl,

I am living in Georgia( Not Usa), my friend send me money by paypal and now it is in my balance, i added my mastercard to my account but i cant add bank account, i dont know how to transfer money from balance to my card, can anyone please help.

ty lot

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Coolman

You can only withdraw to a card in your country (UNLESS you are a U.S resident working over there) as they can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts.

BUT i think it has to be a VISA card now and not a MASTERCARD so may be an idea to link a VISA.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Coolman
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for reply i will try to attache visa, and try then.

Login to Me Too

Sona1
New Community Member

Hi, Did you succeed in withdrawing money to your Visa card in Georgia?

I have the same problem, cannot withdraw to my master card.

Login to Me Too

ILobzhanidze
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to add visa card to the account in spite of the fact that the account has already Master card linked previously. But the system simply denied my Visa. This option does not work

Login to Me Too

ILobzhanidze
Contributor
Contributor

I am also from Georgia not US. Today I tried to withdraw funds from my PayPal Account to MasterCard, but the system asked me to link US Bank. I am not a US resident and have not US Account. I read forum and tried all options described above, especially,

I checked for country availibality at https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13.... The system shows that my country is eligible, it shows that I can use both Master Card and Visa. Also, there is written that I can withdray funds to my credit cards. But in reality, I can't. The only message that I get is to link my US account, which I have not. 

I tried to add my Visa card, because, above there is written an option which allowed some people to withdraw money to their Visa Cards. In my case the system does not allow me to add Visa Card at all and said 'This card is not accepted. Please use a different card.' The only card which is available for me is Master Card.

Also, today I have visited two of our local banks and they were very surprised why paypal system does not allow me to withdraw money to Master Card.

Please, help my. I have no Idea what to do?

Login to Me Too

georgetoria
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem over here. Please let me know if you manage to withdraw money. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi All,

I would like to offer some information to clear up this issue.

In Georgia you can withdraw money to a Visa card or a US bank account. A MasterCard cannot be used to withdraw money. Only bank accounts and virtual cards are not allowed, it must be one issued by a local bank. MasterCard can be used to send money but not for withdrawal.

@ ILobzhanidze  the error message you are getting 'This card is not accepted. Please use a different card.' means that we are getting a denial message from your bank when you are trying to add the card. When you add a card or update the details we charge a temporary amount of $1.00 USD. If this is not approved the card cannot be added. If you keep getting this message I recommend calling the number on the back of your card to check the issue with your bank. If the Visa you are trying to add is virtual or issued online you would need to try another card.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

ahassanmaly_ge
New Community Member

Hi all

I have the same problem

my card issued by BOG (Bank of Georgia) is a master card

I was able to add it to my paypal account, but I can't withdraw money into it ?

I am now outside Georgia and can't fly back espeically to Change my card to Visa 

is there any other way ?

Thank You

Login to Me Too

georgetoria
Contributor
Contributor

Rachel,

Thank you very much for making things clear.

Can you tell if it is it okay to use Visa Electron, or should it be Visa Classic?

Best,

George

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.